Tuesday, May 28, 2024

May 28, 2024 Lunch - Costco hot dog. Dinner - Sautéed Salmon filet with steamed Asparagus and Tartare s

May 28, 2024 Lunch - Costco hot dog. Dinner - Sautéed Salmon filet with steamed Asparagus and Tartare sauce

I awakened at 6:45 and watch about 30 minutes of TV. Long enough to see that it would be an up day in the market.


I then showered and dressed and talked to Henry and agreed to obtain a building permit for the sidewalk closure.


When I went to the City Building services office I told them we would start construction today and they agreed to give me an emergency permit if I agreed to place barricades at as an Felipe and Romero t divert pedestrians across the street, which I agreed to.


I called one of the three barricade vendors and was approved to lease two barricades after completing a credit card authorization.


I then went.to Costco and bought another pair of blue jeans that fit me, a combination four pack of two catsups, a relish, and a mustard, and six bottles of 2020 Smith Haut Lafitte for $32.00 per bottle. They had sold out of the 2018 for 30.00 per bottle. The chateau owner in an interview said the 2020 was a better vintage than the 2018.  In five years when we drink one we will find out.


I then ate a hot dog and drank two cups of Pepsi, which rejuvenated me.


I then drove to AWP and Signed the order form and picked up the two barricades and drove home.


After I unloaded I checked the market and was amazed that Nvidia had risen $74.32 and was going up in the after hours trading. Nvidia and ABNB helped push my portfolio by a near record 2.4%.


I was thrilled. But then I got busy and revised a contract and met with two clients.


I did not finish working at my desk until 5:45.


I made a mojito and ate some pita chips and watched the news and game 4 of the NBA Western final between.Dallas and Minnesota with Suzette until 7:00, when I watched Finding Your Roots until 8:00 a bd then turned it back to basketball. Minnesota won by five points to extend the series to a game 5. It is hard for me to believe Minnesota can win three more games when it lost the first three games.


At 9;30 I took out the trash and blogged and Suzette went to bed.


I read a bit more of Keith’ book about discovering the corners of the mind that deals with the critical reasoning process instead of relying on one’s gut to make decisions.


It has lots of great illustrations and haiku and I find it entertaining.


I went to bed at 10:30 for a change.


Bon Appetit 


1 comment:

  1. $32 for a bottle of Smith Haut Lafitte Rouge 2020 ?
    That seems a very good bargain !! but a bit too young to taste now surely ?

    Maybe it was their 2nd label Petit Smith Haut Lafitte at that price

    ReplyDelete