Thursday, May 23, 2024

May 23, 2024 Lunch - Salami Salad with Tabouli Dinner - Chicken Mole with Rice

May 23, 2024 Lunch - Salami Salad with Tabouli Dinner - Chicken Mole with Rice


Today the market was amazing that resulted in my second largest gain in one stock with one of the largest losses in all the other stocks in my portfolio in a long time. Nvidia rose $88.50 and the Dow dropped $$605 and the NASDAQ dropped $65. Those two tidal waves meeting resulted in a net gain of 1.6% to my portfolio, resulting in a new high.


I ate a pain au chocolate and drank a cup of tea at 9:00.


Then I read most of an interesting article in a recent New Yorker on the British Museum’s antiquity collection.


At 2:00 I made a large salami and tabouli salad with dried black olives and dolmas with Yasmin’s garlic bread.


H


At 3:30 I took the empty propane bottle to be refilled which turned into the biggest adventure of the day. At my first stop of the day at U-haul where I discovered that the bottle had to be re-certified.  I took it to Ortega’s Propane, where I was told that bottles expired after 12 years and my bottle had expired and needed to be exchanged and the Maverick gas station at Comanche and I-25 or at University and Menaul exchanged bottles. So I drove to the Maverick at Comanche and I-25 but the6 were sold out of bottles.  Finally at the Maverick at University and Menaul I acquired a new bottle of propane and returned home 1 1/2 hour at 5:00.


We were not terribly hungry and watched two episodes of Netflix’ The Gentleman and then Suzette heated the two drumsticks in mole sauce with rice and asparagus with bottles of Negra Modelo.




We then watched Midsomer Mystery from 8:00 until 9:30 at which time Suzette went to bed and I watched the end of the game 1 of the NHL series between Dallas Stars and Edmonton; Oilers that Edmonton won.


I then blogged while I drank a White Russian and watched Ari Melber and then Lawrence O’Donnell and went to bed at 11:30.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment