Saturday, May 25, 2024

May 25, 2024 Breakfast - Bagels with Gravad Lax Lunch - Pain au Chocolate and latte Macchiato dinner - Vichyssoise and steak Salad

 May 25, 2024 Breakfast - Bagels with Gravad Lax  Lunch - Pain au Chocolate and latte Macchiato dinner - Vichyssoise and steak Salad 


Suzette went to work at 8:30 and I read 2001: Space Odyssey until 10:30 when I toasted two slices of bagel that I spread with cream cheese and garnished with slices of red onion, Gravad Lax and capers and ate with a cup of chai.


I then went to my desk and worked until 1:00 when I ate a pain au chocolate with a latte Macchiato.


I watched some golf and at 2:30 when Suzette returned and Henry came over he and I finalized the repair of the building at 524 Romero and then I discussed how I invest in stocks until 4:30 while Suzette napped 


Suzette woke up at 5:00 and we decided to make dinner.  I poured the remaining Vichyssoises while Suzette went to garden and clipped a handful of chives and fetched the heavy cream from the garage. I stirred heavy cream into the soup and sliced the chives into thin ringlets. I toasted two slices of baguette and we poured out the remaining Trader Joe’s Grand Reserve Sauvignon Blanc.


I diced the half of the remaining steak and Suzette sautéed it and added it to the salad.


We garnished the Vichyssoises with chives.




The soup was so thick and filling, we could only eat 1/2 of the soup, but we ate all of the salad.


We then watched Dallas beat the Edmonton Oilers in Hockey and Boston take a commanding 3 to 0 lead over the Indiana Pacers in the NBA.


At 8:00/we watched Father Brown and then Suzette went to bed.


I stayed up to watch Death in paradise and Paris Murders.


I then finished this blog entry and read more of 2001 Space Odyssey.


I regained most of my muscle strength today.


Tomorrow we will walk in the Bosque and see if my muscles have returned to full strength.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment