Sunday, May 12, 2024

May 11, 2024 Lunch - BBQ Pork with lemon penne and lemon flavored sautéed vegetables Wine tasting at restaurant 315. Dinner at Restaurant 315.

May 11, 2024 Lunch - BBQ Pork with lemon penne and lemon flavored sautéed vegetables  Wine tasting at restaurant 315. Dinner at Restaurant 315.


I started the day at 6:30 watching Man City beat Fulham 4 to 0 and then West Ham beat Lutron Town 3 to 1.


During the matches I ate 2 pain au chocolate, one with a cup of chai and the second with a latte macchiato.


I also read the Crowded Grave during half time.


At 12:30 I ate some of the leftover BBQ Pork with lemon penne and lemon flavored sautéed vegetables, which was delicious and turned,out to be the best meal of the day.  We love mixing stewed pork with pasta and the lemon flavored penne was actually rolled up squares of thin pasta.



I sipped Amontillado sherry with lunch.


Suzette came home at 2:00 and at 2:30 we left for Santa Fe for the cote de Nuits wine tasting at Restaurant 315 at 3:30.  The wine tasting included 8 wines for on 8 different appellations starting at Marsannay in the north and ending at Nuit St. George in the south.


It included the great ones including Gevrey-Chambertin and Vosnee-Romanee.





Then at 5:00 we were seated for dinner. We decided to share appetizers and dessert.  I ordered the seared foie gras on a toast point with a huckleberry sauce. Our waiter did not bring us the glass of Sauternes until we had almost finished the foie gras. The restaurant was slammed and the sommelier was in another wine tasting so he stopped for only a minute and we ordered a Dunstein Gruner Vitliner that was young and acidic and essentially undrinkable.  I ordered the same entree I ordered last Saturday, Angel hair pasta with a thick cream sauce with morels, ramps, and fiddlehead ferns, but last week the fiddlehead ferns were smaller and more tender.











Unfortunately, even the pot au chocolate was grittier than last week’s.


My overall take away is that when I first review I focus on what is positive about the food and on a second visit I focus on what is wrong with the food.


I think that is part of what happened tonight although I realize the sommelier was stressed by several wine tastings and did not advise us properly and the kitchen was slammed.


I am not hopeful about our Mother’s Day Brunch tomorrow at zacatlan.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment