Thursday, May 2, 2024

May 2, 2024 Breakfast Gravad Lax on bagel. Lunch - Sashimi. Dinner - Vietnamese Noodles with onion, and Salmon

May 2, 2024 Breakfast Gravad Lax on bagel. Lunch - Sashimi. Dinner - Vietnamese Noodles with onion, and Salmon


I awakened at 4:00 this morning and watched  live feeds from the campus of UCLA as Police tore down the barricades in the encampment and arrested hundreds. Then I worked from 5:00 to 6:00 and then went back to bed until 8:30.


I prepared the transfer authorizations to my new IRA and sent them with the Earn loan Agreement and Promissory note to Zia Trust and then gave instructions to Chloe tonsend the transfers and sign the loan Agreement.


Then at 10:00 I toasted two slices of bagel that I smeared wit goat’s milk cheese and garnished with onion, capers and Gravad lax.


That was before noon. After noon I made copies of the Indian government’s nominee form for securities and filled in one, but I stopped at 1:40 to prepare lunch and watch the market close.  Today there was a snap back day with a vengeance.  My portfolio gained almost 3%.


At 2:00 I made sushi rice with 2 T. each of rice vinegar sugar, and 1 T. of mirin plus 1 tsp of dehydrated dashi and about 2 tsp. of dried seaweed in 2 cups of water that I brought to a boil and added 1 cup of jasmine rice and simmered for 30 minutes.


While the rice was cooking, I sliced three radishes thinly, 1/6 of a cucumber, the three end pieces of salmon and 2/3 of the Aji tuna steak and filled a plate.  I mixed wasabi sauce in a dipping bowl with soy and fetched the bottle of pickled ginger.


I filled a bowl with the pickled ginger that turned out to be pickled daikon just as Abby arrived to sign me out of PT. My blood pressure was high but I was talking and eating.




We talked and I offered Abby several slices of pickled daikon.


I ate as much as I could and still about 1/2 of the fish and other ingredients were left, so after Abby left I bagged the leftover ingredients for tomorrow’s breakfast and put the sushi rice into the fridge and the pickled daikon back in its bottle and in the fridge.


It was after 3:00 so I lay down and rested until 4:20 when I woke up and watched the last part of The Beat with AtI Melber.


At 5:10 I walked around the block stopping occasionally to rest and returned home at 5:45 just as Suzette arrived.


I went in to rest and drink a glass of ice water.


At 6:00 Suzette suggested cooking the rest of the salmon with onion, garlic, ginger, and the leftover Vietnamese noodles from my lunch yesterday.


I diced about 3 T. of onion, two cloves of garlic, and a dime sized piece of ginger minced.


Suzette cooked those items and then added chunks of salmon and when the salmon was cooked, she added the noodles.


I fetched a bottle of Le Ferme Julien rose that we opened and started drinking. It was cool, a bit tart, with some character ($6.99 at Trader Joe’s).


I loved dinner and commend Suzette on her creative use of leftovers.





After dinner we watched an episode of Midsomer Mystery and drank cognac and ate dark chocolate truffles (Trader Joe’s $3.49).


At 9:30 we cleaned the belly cured Gravad lax. It was a little but Suzette could smell the of orange  and then I started to blog and Suzette went to bed.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment