Saturday, May 25, 2024

May 24, 2024 Breakfast - Tropical Fruit Salad with Granola Lunch - Martha’s El Pottal. Dinner - Oysters on the half shell, grilled steak and Asparagus salad, and corn on the Cobb,

May 24, 2024 Breakfast - Tropical Fruit Salad with Granola Lunch - Martha’s El Pottal. Dinner - Oysters on the half shell, grilled steak and Asparagus salad, and corn on the Cobb, 


It was a great day of food, but a little more activity than my body could handle.


I read in bed until around 10:30 when I ate granola, yoghurt, and tropical fruit salad. Instead of milk I used the accumulated juice in the bowl of fruit to moisten the granola, which I prefer because it shifts the favorite away from dairy and toward fruit.


Then at 12:30 I drove to Martha’s El Portal on Rio Grande near Central and met Henry for lunch.  We actually ordered breakfast enchiladas with a fried egg on top.  I ordered my enchiladas with ground beef and red chili. Henry ordered chicken and green chili in his enchiladas.


The enchiladas were served with refried beans and cottage fries. The amount of food was overwhelming but interesting, except the tortillas were not soaked enough in chili sauce and were a little dry.




After lunch we drove to 524 Romero and decided how to repair the damaged north wall and planter wall.


I then drove to Smith’s on Carlisle and bought items for the dinner party, including hot dogs and hot dog buns, shallots, chocolate cherry ice cream, chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches, yellow squash, and blueberries.


I then drove home and put the groceries away and then lay down for a one hour nap. At 5:00 when Suzette arrived at 5:00 I awakened and made a mignonette sauce with lemon juice and minced shallots and Suzette made a cocktail sauce with catsup, horseradish sauce and lemon juice.


I then sliced 1/2 cucumber, four radishes, and three tomatoes and Suzette rinsed and spun lettuce. We then assembled the salad and added some crumbled feta cheese.


Suzette snapped and tossed asparagus with salt and pepper and olive oil.


Aaron, Monica, and Alexi arrived at 6:45 with steaks and three dozen oysters on the half shell. I opened a bottle of ? Perez cava that combined three Spanish grapes in a complex and delicious flavor. There weee three types of oysters, Rappahanock, Blue Point, Wellfleet That elevate while the boys played the girls in bocce. This was my first game of bocce in years and I enjoyed it with the help of Aaron picking up and handing me the balls.j


After the game of bocce and when all the oysters were eaten we went to the kitchen and started the main entrees, grilled hot dogs, rib steaks, and asparagus with salad.


Suzette then grilled the hot dogs and their hot dog buns, three steaks, and the asparagus.


Aaron and I dressed the salad and Monica asked if we could drink the Bottle of Chateau Haut Lafitte Le Petit 2018 that I bought for $30.00 at Costco.


The wine was lovely with dinner and everything was delicious. Unfortunately, I my muscles became weak and I only ate a hot dog and one slice of beef.


Aaron and Monica ate about 1/2 steak each and complimented us on the wine.


We finished dinner about 10:00 and I sat down and showed them the Leonard Cohen documentary titled Hallelujah.


They left around 10:30 and we went to bed.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment