Tuesday, November 29, 2022

November 29, 2022 Brunch - Granola with milk, yogurt and diced apple. Snack - Salami and Jarlsberg cheese Sandwich Dinner - Mapo Dofu with Rice

November 29, 2022 Brunch - Granola with milk, yogurt and diced apple. Snack - Salami and Jarlsberg cheese Sandwich Dinner - Mapo Dofu with Rice


I watched Senegal advance over Ecuador in World Cup this morning. Then I edited the Response I worked on yesterday and filed it.


I then ate a bowl of granola with milk and yogurt and diced apples and watched the U.S. v. Iran game until 2:00 when I made a salami and Jarlsberg cheese sandwich on a slice of toasted baguette spread with basil Mayo and mustard with slices of yellow onion that I ate with a cup of chai.


We 

At 3:00 I drove to Bill Turner’s office and worked on his affidavit and filed it at 5:20.


I got locked in the building and by the time a person let me out and I walked 1 1/2 blocks to my car and drove home it was 6:00. 


Suzette was upset and so was I, but I fixed a cup of chai and sat down and with Suzette’s assistance minced 1 T. of garlic, 1 1/2 T. of ginger, a medium eggplant, 1/4 pasilla chili, and 1 onion. Suzette diced two pork steaks. I soaked three dried shiitake mushrooms and 2 T. of dried black wood ear strips in 2 cups of hot water for 1/2 hour until they were rehydrated.


We made rice with two cups of boiling water, a dash of dehydrated chicken stock, a cup of jasmine rice, and a small bunch of dried lilly buds then steamed 30 minutes.


Suzette fetched the wok and heated peanut oil and a dash of sesame oil.

She then stir fried the pork and removed it from the wok.


Then she stir fried the rest of the vegetables until they were cooked and then added back the pork plus the rehydrated wood ear and the three shiitake mushrooms cut into strips and the 2 cups of water in which the dried ingredients had soaked plus a 19 oz. block of firm tofu that had been diced into cubes.


The mixture cooked for 30 minutes to allow it to turn into a stew.  Then a seasoning and thickening sauce combining Soy and oyster sauce plus Rice vinegar and cornstarch was added to flavor and thicken the dish and cooked another 5 minutes for the cornstarch to begin to thicken and we were ready to eat.







Suzette made a lemon juice, club soda, and mint syrup drink and I made a cup of green tea and we had a very filling dinner of Mapo Dofu piled on a pile of warm rice.


We were tired and ornery and turned of the TV and ate in silence.


The only thing we could agree on was that it was a good thing that a jury found two leaders  of the Oath Keepers guilty of Seditious Conspiracy for their actions leading up to and including January 6.  I think it did not help them that their leader, Rhodes, had texted then President Trump on January 6 to tell him they were ready if he would give them the instruction to start an armed insurrection.


We went to bed at 8:30.


I awakened at 11:00 to write this blog.


Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment