Tuesday, November 29, 2022

November 27, 2022. Brunch - Hawaiian Fried Rice. Dinner - Greek Style Lamb Shanks with Mashed Potatoes and Fresh Spinach

November 27, 2022. Brunch - Hawaiian Fried Rice. Dinner - Greek Style Lamb Shanks with Mashed Potatoes and Fresh Spinach


Today was a travel day.  We awakened showered and dressed and then Suzette sautéed the leftover Hawaiian food including the Spam sushi with two eggs for a delicious breakfast.  We then drove to the airport and checked in curbside and got a push to security.  Suzette wheeled me through security and to a Italian restaurant on the main concourse where a World Cup match was playing. The help found us a table near one of the TVs where I could sit in the wheel chair and we could watch the match between Croatia and Canada, which the Croatians won 4 to 1.  Looks like Croatia will advance.


Suzette drank a mimosa and I drank a Dr. Pepper.  Suzette then wheeled me to the gate literally.  They line up the wheel chair folks by the gate so they can be helped on first. When they started wheeling the two most needy first to the plane Suzette pushed us into line third, which was lucky because we were able to get two front bulkhead seats and stretch our legs out.


When we arrived in Albuquerque Suzette again pushed me to baggage claim where we were the last to pick up our baggage and ride the shuttle back to the Highlander around 2:30.


Everything was in order when we arrived.


I lay down to rest and Suzette checked the garden and watered the house plants. 


We discussed dinner and Suzette said, “I will defrost something.” I rested and read until a little later Suzette told me she was defrosting a Prepared Greek style Lamb shank and making mashed potatoes.


When I went to the kitchen Suzette was rinsing the last of the fresh spinach to lay on the bottom of pasta bowls.


When the mashed potatoes were ready we opened the bottle of Italian wine Ed and Michelle gave Suzette for her birthday and Suzette microwaved the sealed bag containing the shank and its’ sauce. Suzette spooned a pile of mashed potatoes onto the spinach and added the heated lamb and sauce and I poured glasses of wine and the quick and elegant dinner was served.




I was wonderful to be back home and sleep in our cozy bed again, so we went to bed early.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment