Tuesday, November 8, 2022

November 8, 2022 Lunch - Salad. Dinner - PPI Sauté

 November 8, 2022 Lunch - Salad. Dinner - PPI Sauté 


I ate a salad for Lunch at 2:00, red leaf lettuce, a diced tomato, two radishes, 1/4 red onion, 1/3 cucumber peeled and sliced, some English Cheddar cheese and five slices of salami.  I loved it.



Then at 4:30 I walked to the bank to deposit a check and when I returned home I drank a cup of hot chocolate with a dash of cognac to take the chill off.  Neither of us wanted to cook much, so we decided to combine as many leftovers an ingredients that were past their prime into one sauté dish.  I sliced 1/3 red onion and remaining droopy six or seven mushrooms.


Suzette sliced the 1/4 grilled chicken breast and 1/3 bratwurst left from the Sunday dinner at the Center and 1/3 zucchini and some Jimmie Dean sausage.  I sliced a zucchini and Suzette sautéed all those ingredients in butter and olive oil and garnished the dish with a few slices of Pecorino cheese.





I actually got a bit stuffed from the quantity of food.


We drank a bottle of Vara Grenache rose, which is becoming our go to wine with casual dishes with pork dishes.


While I rested from 3 to 4:30, Suzette made some Shed red Chile sauce and baked a flourless cake. 


We started watching the election returns around 6:00.


After dinner Suzette made us dessert of a slice of the Pear and chocolate tart with a wedge of vanilla ice cream.



By 9:30 when we went to bed, it looked like the Democrats had a chance to hold control of the Senate and/or the House.


Suzette’s comment was, “I guess I am not going to have to move to Canada.”


Mine was, “If the Democrats hold control of the House and Senate, they should send a big thank you card to Donald Trump and the Supreme Court.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment