Monday, November 7, 2022

November 7, 2022 Lunch - Costco Hot Dog. Dinner - Cedar board baked salmon with Dashi rice and Seaweed Salad

November 7, 2022 Lunch - Costco Hot Dog. Dinner - Cedar board baked salmon with Dashi rice and Seaweed Salad


I ate a bowl of granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt at 9:00.


Then we drove to my appointment at NM Orthopedics to meet my surgeon, Dr. Mullet.  He was very no nonsense about my condition. I need two new hips.  They gave Suzette the document for my doctor to approve my operation that we drove over to Pres. at 11:00 and we then drove to Smith’s where we bought a 1.7 lb. Center cut salmon filet, starch, milk, a chicken, 


We then drove to Costco where we ate a hot dog for lunch.





Suzette picked up my prescription and shopped for a few items we needed, such as butter, potatoes, walnuts, and coffee.


Suzette dropped me off at 1:00 and I made teriyaki sauce by heating 1/3 cup each of soy, mirin, and sake with 1 T. of sugar.  After the teriyaki sauce cooled a bit I put the salmon filet in a gallon freezer bag with the teriyaki sauce in the fridge to marinate.


I then lay down and took a nap until 2:00 when I drove back to Pres. To have a fissure looked at at 3:00.  After my appointment I drove back to z Costco and filled the Prius tank with $3.099 gasoline, which was the high point of the day.


I then drove to the bank and deposited the Tap Room rent check and returned home at 4:30.


I was hungry so I toasted a slice of whole wheat bread and spread it with peanut butter and honey peanut butter and honey and drank a cup of chai with it.


I was watching mostly political speeches on TV when Suzette came home a few minutes after 5:00. LShe told me Willy wanted salmon, so Suzette soaked a cedar shake and at 6:00 I made rice.  I made the rice differently tonight.  I added dried lilly flowers, 1 tsp. of dehydrated dashi and a dried Shiitake mushroom to the 2 1/4 cups of boiling water before adding the cup of jasmine rice.  I simmered the covered rice pot the usual 30 minutes.  The rice turned out a little moist, which I enjoyed very much.


Willy arrived a few minutes after 7:00.


Unfortunately, there was no propane in the tank, so Suzette baked the salmon on the wet cedar shake up in the oven.  Although the board did catch fire at its edges, the salmon was perfectly cooked, pink in the middle and beige at the edges but moist throughout.  It was a delightful dinner.  






We opened a bottle of Malbec I bought at Costco that Willy and Suzette drank. 




 I drank water.


We watched some Antiques roadshow and switched occasionally to see the ravens beat the Saints.


Willy left at 9:00 and we went to bed.  Suzette to sleep and me to blog.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment