Thursday, November 17, 2022

November 17, 2022 Curried chicken Salad Two ways. Lunch - Chicken salad salad. Dinner - Chicken curry with Rice and Spinach

November 17, 2022 Curried chicken Salad Two ways. Lunch - Chicken salad salad. Dinner - Chicken curry with Rice and Spinach


I attended an all day seminar on line on Probate today. 


At the first break I ate a piece of chocolate cake with a cup of chai.


Then for lunch at 12:30 I made a chicken salad salad lI filled a pasta bowl with red leaf lettuce and added a diced Roma tomato, about 2 oz. of diced red onion, and two radishes sliced plus several spoonfuls of curried chicken salad.  I also toasted several pieces of baguette and melted slices of Jarlsberg cheese onto each slice 33 seconds in the microwave.



I ate salad as I listened to the seminar and drank water to wash it down.


Suzette came home at. 5:00 and decided to re-purpose the remaining curried chicken salad as chicken curry.  She put it into a casserole and added cream . 


When the seminar ended at 5:30 we made rice with two cups of water with 1 tsp. Of dehydrated chicken broth brought to a boil and 1 cup of rice added and lowered the temperature and cooked the rice 1/2 hour.


Suzette filled the bottom of two pasta bowls with destemmed baby spinach leaves. I fetched the mango chutney, lime pickle, and mixed pickle.  Then I chopped 2/3 cup of roasted peanuts and made a cup of chai.  Suzette fetched the shredded coconut. 






When the rice was ready Suzette piled rice and chicken curry on the spinach and garnished it with chopped peanuts and shredded coconut.


I made another cup of chai and we enjoyed a wonderful dinner of chicken curry.


I ate a few bites of chocolate cake after dinner and then lay down to blog, watch Midsomer Mystery, and blog.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment