Wednesday, November 16, 2022

November 16, 2022 Lunch - chicken and green chili pot pie with Chili con carne with corn bread and salad. Dinner - sautéed Smoked Pork Chop and apples with roasted potatoes, garlic, and asparagus

November 16, 2022 Lunch - chicken and green chili pot pie with Chili con carne with corn bread and salad. Dinner - sautéed Smoked Pork Chop and apples with roasted potatoes, garlic, and asparagus


I ate granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt for breakfast.


Then I worked until 10:45 when I grabbed a bottle of Calstar 2013 Sangiacomo Sonoma Pinot Noir and my yellow pad and picked up Charlie and Peter and drove us to Karl and Joann’s house in Cedar Crest for the book club meeting.


Joann had made a delicious lunch of chicken and green chili pot pie, Chili con carne garnished with grated cheddar cheese, chopped onions, and corn chips to make it into a bowl of taco chili, corn bread, and salad. 




The pot pie was especially delicious because instead of the typical heavy pastry, Joann used phyllo for the crust which made it crisp and light.


Our book Rules of Civility by Amor Towles was well reviewed.  It reminded me of the life of my mother, who was also 26 living in NYC in 1938, the year in which the book was set.


After the meeting we gathered in the kitchen around a table of desserts, including chocolate brownies, mint truffles, cayenne chocolate chip cookies, superb lemon bars, and warm pumpkin bread.


I enjoyed the Stag’s Leap Sauvignon Blanc Karl served almost as much as my Pinot.


I drove us back and returned home at 3:45.


I rested until 5:00 and then meditated.


While I was meditating Suzette diced Potatoes and garlic and roasted them in the oven.  About twenty minutes before the potatoes were done Suzette placed a handful of asparagus on the potatoes to roast.


After meditation I poured out the rest of the La Ferme Julien rose. 


Suzette sautéed a smoked pork chop with the last of the cranberry sauce and a diced apple and then plated 1/2 pork chop and apples with roasted potatoes and asparagus for a lovely dinner.


I ate too much today but it was all fun food.


I am relaxing my stomach with a glass of Calvados as I blog this blog.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment