Sunday, November 13, 2022

November 13, 2022 Brunch - Lax and bagel. Lunch - Vietnamese Noodles and Curried Chicken Salad. Dinner - New Recipe: Stir Fried Vietnamese rice noodles with roasted Pork, Asparagus, garlic, green onions, and zucchini

November 13, 2022 Brunch - Lax and bagel.  Lunch -  Vietnamese Noodles and Curried Chicken Salad. Dinner - New Recipe: Stir Fried Vietnamese rice noodles with roasted Pork, Asparagus, garlic, green onions, and zucchini 


I awakened at 7:30 and watched some PL soccer and the news programs until 10:00


Then I ate a bagel with lax, cream cheese, goat cheese, capers, and red onion.  It was a fluffy baked onion bagel from Smith’s that lacked the chewiness of the fancy water cooked bagel Suzette is using at the Bistro, but I toasted the bagel slices to deep brown and they hardened, evaporating the fluffiness.  I spread cream cheese on one slice and goat cheese on the other and found it hard to distinguish between the two. They were both delicious.


I drank a cup of chai with the bagel.


I watched David Rubinstein interview the new CEO of TIAA and learned that TIAA acquired Nuveen Brokerage firm and that Nuveen offers alternative investments to its pension plan investors through Churchill, which is the Company Earn is affiliated with for which we are developing block chain tokenization of real estate investments.  


I then watched a few minutes of a PBS Nova program on crypto currencies and found out there is a Black real estate investor trying to tokenize real estate for Black investors in NYC.


I then worked until 2:30 when I ate the leftover soggy Rice noodles from my lunch on Friday at 2000 Vietnam No. 30 with grilled Pork and fried egg rolls on a bed of steamed rice noodles and a layer of chopped lettuce and herbs and mung bean sprouts with bites of the curried Chicken Salad we made yesterday. While I started watching the Dallas Cowboys lose to Green Bay due to three interceptions thrown by Daz Prescott.


After lunch I made a Vietnamese iced coffee with 2/3 cup of coffee and a heaping T. of condensed milk mixed thoroughly in a glass that was then filled with ice. The sweet and bitter beverage energized me and at halftime we walked around the block.


After the game around 6:00 we made a new dish for dinner utilizing the leftover Vietnamese rice noodles that Aaron and Alexi gave me on Friday.


I diced 1/3 Pasilla Chile, 2 large Mexican green onions, three cloves of garlic, a zucchini, about 12 asparagus stalks, and about 2/3 lb. of roasted pork.  Suzette sautéed those ingredients and then added a couple of handfuls of the cooked rice noodles plus a seasoning sauce of soy, oyster sauce, sesame oil and Mirin to flavor the dish. The final dish was flavorful and well sauced and the noodles were not very slimy because Alexi and Aaron did not add much fish sauce to their steamed noodles.





I drank water with my dinner and Suzette drank rose wine.


We watched three PBS programs and then Suzette went to bed at 9:00.


Perhaps due to the coffee, I stayed up to blog and read.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment