Tuesday, November 29, 2022

November 28, 2022 Lunch - Fried bacon and eggs with toast. Dinner - Pot Roast with Root Vegetables

November 28, 2022 Lunch - Fried bacon and eggs with toast. Dinner - Pot Roast with Root Vegetables

I apologize because my phone is not synched with my IPad so I can not populate the blog with pictures taken with my phone.


I watched Ghana and Portugal win their matches.  At 12:30 I fried two slices of thick cut bacon and two eggs over easy and toasted two slices of baguette for a heady lunch.


Yesterday Suzette thawed a 2 Lb. Pot roast.


After the Portugal v. Uruguay match I worked on a pleading until 4:30, when I drove to the bank and then Sprouts where I bought a turnip, a rutabaga, and a parsnip plus a lb. of thick bacon, a gallon of milk, a head of bok Choy, and a package of firm tofu.


I hope to make Mapo Dofu tomorrow with the eggplant we have.


When I returned home at 6:30 Suzette was braising the roast that she had salted and peppered.  I peeled and diced the turnip, turnip, and rutabaga plus two carrots and a large Yukon Gold potato. Suzette roasted the pot roast in the casserole for 1 1/2 hours and then added the vegetables for the last hour.


The result was a tender roast and vegetables cooked in their own juices.


Suzette made a Delice sauce by whipping cream with horseradish.



It was a simple meal that was totally satisfying.  I licked the light broth left on the bottom of the bowl to enjoy the dish fully.


We drank a new wine I found at Costco, a 92 point Cotes du Bordeaux merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon blend.





After dinner I toasted a slice of baguette and spread slices of the Pont l’Eveque cheese on it we bought in Dallas.


Later as we neared the end of the last sips of wine, we each ate a chocolate as we watched the 1988 episode of La Brea.


We went to bed at 9:30 after a full day back on the job.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment