Thursday, December 1, 2022

November 30, 2022 Breakfast - Lax and Bagel. Lunch - Nio Szechuan Dinner - Pita Pocket Sandwiches

November 30, 2022 Breakfast - Lax and Bagel. Lunch - Nio Szechuan Dinner - Pita Pocket Sandwiches 


Today the worst meal was the most expensive, a lunch at Nio Szechuan at 7200 Montgomery.


Rahim met me for lunch.  The menu seemed interesting although the prices were more expensive than East Ocean.


Rahim showed me a newspaper review that recommended honey glazed walnut shrimp and I ordered a curry beef hot pot from the Chef’s Special section of the menu.


Soon a steel pot came with mostly cauliflower and the most grizzly beef I have ever been served in a restaurant plus a couple slices of bell pepper and carrot with a thin sauce that seemed to be cream and a touch of curry that had a very slight curry flavor.


The honey glazed shrimp was even weirder.  The honey walnuts were lovely but there were very few of them sprinkled on large shrimp that had been sautéed and then tossed in a thick sweetened mayonnaise that ruined the flavor of the shrimp for me.


Rahim ordered a coke and I ordered tea.  The waitress brought us two cups and charged us $2.95 for each tea.  The total ticket with tip was $55.00 for the worst Chinese meal I have ever eaten in Albuquerque.


The other two meals that were to my liking were a breakfast of two slices of toasted bagel spread with cream cheese and garnished with slices of red onion and Gravad lax and a small pile of capers.  I drank chai.





Dinner was even more interesting, four toasted pita pockets filled with lettuce, tomato slices, and thinly sliced red onion and the sides spread with labne (firm drained yogurt)  and taramasalata.  I garnished the plate with pickled turnip sticks and pimiento filled green olives.  The sandwiches were light and wonderfully delicious.





I drank a glass of mint flavored kefir with the sandwiches for a perfect Lebanese meal.


I went to bed around 9:00 and woke up at 11:00 to watch Argentina v. Poland, a match that Argentina dominated.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment