Thursday, November 10, 2022

November 10, 2022 Lunch - PPI Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes. Dinner - Roast Chicken with sautéed Blanched green beans, fried rice, and mushrooms

November 10, 2022 Lunch - PPI Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes. Dinner - Roast Chicken with sautéed Blanched green beans, fried rice, and mushrooms


I worked until 1:00. Then I heated the last of the PPI meatloaf and 1/2 of the PPI Mashed Potatoes on a bed of spinach leaves.  It was a truly delicious meal.





At 2:15 I checked the market and was pleased beyond words that the NASDAQ rose 7.35%.  This was the best day in the market in over two years with a rise of 13% for my denuded portfolio that got me above the pain threshold.  I am praying for four or five more such days by the end of the year.


Then I worked and rested until Suzette came home at 5:30.


Suzette rallied and wanted to cook the whole chicken we bought last week at Smith’s. She removed the plastic wrapping.  I made a compound butter with tarragon, salt, and lemon juice.  I stuffed the butter under the skin around the neck and on the skin and 1/2 lemon in the cavity at the top of the spandex rack on which I propped up the whole chicken.  I poured 2 cups of water into the ceramic baking dish and placed the spandex trusted chicken into the baking dish. Then Suzette baked the chicken for ten minutes at 450 degrees and then turned the temperature down to 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.




While the chicken was cooking I snapped the ends off about 1/3 lb. Of green beans and placed them in a skillet.  Suzette added water and blanched the beans and sliced three mushrooms and fetched the fried rice and the cooked rice from the fridge.  When the beans were cooked I poured off the remaining water and added 2 T. of butter and Suzette added 1 T. of olive oil to the skillet.  Soon after the mushrooms were beginning to cook, Suzette added 1 1/2 cups of fried rice from yesterday’s lunch at East Ocean and the rice we cooked last week and finally a green onion I sliced into thin rings.




I had chilled a bottle of French Sauvignon Blanc wine at 6:30 in the freezer so it was cold by the time we ate at 8:30.  


We watched an old but good episode of Midsomer Mystery until 9:30 and then went to bed.


The Democratic senate candidate Masto is catching up with Laxalt for a senate seat and Kelly’s lead in Arizona is increasing, so I looks like the Dems may hold a majority in the Senate without electing Hershel Walker.


After dinner we drank sips of cognac with the last of the Belgium Chocolates.


We also roasted two pork tenders that we had rubbed with chopped sage, ground oregano, and salt. We will make sandwiches with the pork.


So we did a lot of cooking for a school night.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment