Monday, November 14, 2022

November 14, 2022 Lunch - New Recipe: Stir fried Vietnamese Rice Noodles with asparagus and Roast Pork. Dinner - Fresh Pita pockets stuffed with taramasalata, tomato slices, pickled turnip, and labni with kalamata olives

November 14, 2022 Lunch - New Recipe: Stir fried Vietnamese Rice Noodles with asparagus and Roast Pork. Dinner - Fresh Pita pockets stuffed with taramasalata, tomato slices, pickled turnip, and labni with kalamata olives


I ate breakfast of granola with milk and blueberries at 10:00.


Then I went to Bill’s office and drafted a response in 1 1/2 hours.


I then went back home and sautéed several hands full of Leftover Vietnamese rice vermicelli with two sliced green onions, about 12 sliced asparagus and 1/3 lb. of sliced roast pork basted with the seasoning sauce Suzette made last night.  I was amazed that the application of heat seemed to reduce the noodles sliminess created by being soaked in fish sauce for four days.  They were quite delicious. I drank another glass of iced Vietnamese coffee with lunch.



At 1:40 I drove to my 2:30 doctor’s appointment to get her consent for my hip replacement surgery.


I talked to her trainee for a while and then her and did not leave until 4:00.


I decided to drive to Cafe Istanbul to shop for Middle Eastern foods.


I enjoyed walking around the entire store because there are so many items I can find nowhere else.  I bought labni, my favorite yogurt drink flavored with mint, za atar, cucumber pickles, hummus, pita bread, sweet mango chutney, Indian Mixed pickle, taramasalata, Arab vermicelli, green lentils, and pickled turnips.


When I arrived home around 5:15 Suzette had just arrived but was relaxing.


I was hungry to stuff some of the pita with tomato slices, turnips, labni and taramasalata.  Suzette was not interested because she was going to bake 4 loaves of pumpkin bread and a Clementine cake for the bistro.  Now that the baker left, Suzette has taken on the baking deputies besides running everything else and doing the billing on the weekends. I can only marvel at her endurance and commitment.


I laid out the labni, taramasalata, the 6 pack of fresh pitas, the kalamata olives, two tomatoes, and jar of pickled turnip sticks.



This is a meal I used to eat with the Hedary family when I lived in Fort Worth, although they often served their family secret recipe grilled beef sausage with the meal.


I was hungry and the pitas were so fresh that they were still warm from the oven. I stuffed and ate three of them.


While I was eating Suzette started baking four loaves of pumpkin bread and the Clementine cake that is made with almond flour that is non-dairy and non-gluten.


At 6:30 MSNBC announced that Hobbs had beaten Lake in the Arizona Governor’s race, which was thrilling because that eliminated one more 2020 election denier and confirmed that a majority of voters are not wanting the Right wing extremism professed by the Republicans.


I looks like young people turned the tide for the Dems by their opposition to the Supreme Court’s Dobbs decision and the Republicans doing nothing about gun violence, and climate change.


After dinner I drank the rest of the June Rose and later scraped the loaf pans.  I 

then made a cup of chai at 10:00 and went to bed.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment