Friday, November 11, 2022

November 11, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam. Dinner - Pork Tacos with Guacamole

November 11, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam. Dinner - Pork Tacos with Guacamole 


Today was interesting as the Democrats are saving democracy as they inc( closer to control of the Senate and perhaps even the House.


Mark Kelly won Arizona and Mascot is within 1000 votes of winning a  Nevada Senate seat.


I met Aaron and Alexi for lunch at 2000 Vietnam.  They both ordered bun with grilled pork and I ordered No. 30 which is steamed rice noodles with both grilled pork and fried egg rolls.  They were out of duck legs, my first choice. The bun bowls have three layers: chopped lettuce, herb, and mung bean sprouts on the bottom, the steamed rice noodles in the middle and the meat of your choice on top.  Today it was the marinated and grilled slices of pork.





After lunch I gave Aaron my Arthur Haddock 1929 painting of the Old church in Taos to honor his reaching revenue with Earn.


I stopped at Smith’s and bought a bag of corn chips, a bunch of cilantro, and a 2 lb. Chuck roast.


When I got home I checked the Market and was happy that it was another good day with the NASDAQ up about 1 1/2%.


I moved a case of wine and a package for Willy into the house and called him to tell him of the delivery.


Willy came by after work at 5:00 and we talked about the market and then went for a walk around the block.


When we returned Willy carried my newly arrived case of 2013 Sangiacamo  Pinot Noir to the basement.


When Willy left I made guacamole with the two large avocados, juice of 1 1/2 limes, 3 oz. of yellow onions, 1 clove of garlic pressed, 1/2 cup of fresh chopped cilantro, a dash of salt and a dash of Cholula hot sauce.


When suzette arrived a few minutes later we ate guacamole with chips and decided to make pork tacos.


I diced 1/3 pasilla chili, 3 oz. of yellow onion, and 6 oz. of roasted pork.


Suzette steamed four blipped corn tortillas and sautéed the pork, onion, and Pasilla and divided the cooked sauté onto the four heated tortillas.


We added guacamole and ate a delicious quick dinner with bottles oh PPI Heineken beer.


We watched the news after dinner and went to bed at 9:00 after they announced that Mark Kelly won the race for the Arizona senate seat.


Bon Appetit 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment