Monday, November 21, 2022

November 21, 2022 Lunch - Mushroom, onion, and cheese Omelet with Sausage Patty. Dinner - stir Fried Roast Pork, spinach, mushrooms, and Calabacitas

November 21, 2022 Lunch - Mushroom, onion, and cheese Omelet with Sausage Patty. Dinner - stir Fried Roast Pork, spinach, mushrooms, and Calabacitas


I worked almost all day today.  I started around 10:00 with Henry and we worked until 12:30.


We then made lunch. Henry helped me. He sautéed two sausage Pattie’s while I sliced three or four mushrooms and a diced a slice of red onion.


When Henry took the sausages out of the skillet he started sautéing the onion and the mushrooms in the sausage fat in the same pan. While he was sautéing the onion and mushrooms I whisked four eggs and added salt, white pepper, and chopped parsley to the eggs.  I also sliced enough slices of Manchego cheese to cover the top of the egg.  


In a few minutes when the onions and mushrooms began to take on color, I poured the egg into the skillet and covered the egg with slices of cheese.


We let the egg cook until it was brown on the bottom and the top began to congeal and I flipped one side onto the other.



While the egg was cooking I made us cups of chai and we ate a lovely lunch while we watched the World Cup match between the US and Wales.


After lunch Henry worked with his brother on a case and I started drafting a reply in another case.


After Henry left I kept drafting the Reply, which I filed at 4:45. 


Suzette came home and asked me what I wanted for dinner and I said, “What do we have?”


Suzette looked in the fridge and she decided to stir fry Some roast pork with fresh spinach, mushrooms, and PPI Calabacitas from last night’s dinner.


It was a delicious dish and went well with the Classico Chianti we opened (Trader Joe’s $6.99).




I spent the evening peeling 13 lemons and then Suzette added a 1.5 liter bottle of grain alcohol to infuse the alcohol with the lemon flavor and color as the first step in making limoncello.

 

We watched the Antiques Roadshow and sipped the rest of the Chianti. Suzette toasted several pieces of baguette and I spread them with French brie.


Suzette went to bed at 9:30 and I went to bed at 11:30 after eating the last piece chocolate cake with a cup of chai.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment