Wednesday, November 9, 2022

November 9, 2022 Lunch - East Ocean Dinner - PPI Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes on fresh Spinach

November 9, 2022 Lunch - East Ocean   Dinner - PPI Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes on fresh Spinach


I worked in the morning and then picked Peter up at 11:45 and drove us to  East Ocean for lunch.  Both of us ordered from the lunch menu.


Peter ordered House Special ribs with fried rice. I ordered Chicken Lo Mein, thin vermicelli noodles stir fried with a soy sauce and chicken.




Each lunch is served with a bowl of egg drop soup made with real chicken stock with chow mein noodles that I love and an egg roll.



Peter’s dish was tossed in a sweet and sour sauce and the ribs were  breaded.  He said it was mostly grizzle instead of ribs and meat.


I then drove us tipi the Walmart Neighborhood Grocery Store at Cutler and San Mateo were I bought Peter and myself each a 32 oz. bottle of Vita Herring in wine sauce.


After I dropped Peter off at his house I drove to El Super to shop for groceries.  I bought yellow onions, a large avocado, a Pasilla Chile, green onions, limes, lemons, a seedless watermelon, Granny Smith apples, green beans, corn, an eggplant, broccoli, sour cream, yogurt, large shrimp, and smoked pork chops 


Here are the Pasilla chilis and Green chilis.




I arrived home at 4:15 and unloaded most of the groceries when Suzette arrived and helped unload the remaining items.


I worked at my desk until 5:00 when I meditated for 30 minutes with two others of our group.


Then I made a gin and tonic.


Suzette boiled several of the Yukon Gold potatoes and mashed them in the KitchenAid with nutter and milk.  She heated most of the remaining PPI meatloaf and I plucked the stems off two handfuls of baby spinach leaves and filled the bottoms of two pasta bowls with spinach.  Suzette then spooned a pile of potatoes onto the spinach and lay a thick slice of heated  meatloaf on top.




We drank the remaining 1/2 bottle of Kirkland Malbec with dinner.


After dinner Suzette slit the remaining pear and chocolate tart with me and we ate dessert while we watched the election returns until 8:00 when we went to bed.


If the Democrats win the Senate races in Arizona, Nevada, and Georgia, they will hold 51 seats and a majority.  If the Democrats hold control of the Senate they should sent Donald Trump a big chocolate cake and a thank you note.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment