Wednesday, August 31, 2022

August 31, 2022 Lunch - Sautéed Pasta Shells with Pesto and Cherry tomatoes Dinner - Roasted Chicken with steamed Broccoli, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy

August 31, 2022 Lunch - Sautéed Pasta Shells with Pesto and Cherry tomatoes Dinner - Roasted Chicken with steamed Broccoli, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy


This morning I sliced into three slices and toasted one of the whole wheat bagels I bought yesterday at El Super.  Suzette recognized immediately that it was not a boiled bagel, but that did not bother me.


Suzette picked four figs from our bush and I slit them open with a knife and filled them each with a dab of goat cheese to add to the breakfast.


I also spread the toasted bagel slices with goat cheese and then lay slices of red onion and Gravad lax n them and Suzette added a spoonful of capers.



Suzette fetched the fresh squeezed orange juice from the garage fridge and we drank a glass of orange juice.


I tested myself after breakfast and I was positive.  So after Suzette left I cancelled tomorrow’s book club meeting and the Friday oyster dinner we had planned with Aaron and Monika and notified Linda and TR that we would not be able to attend their party on Saturday night.


I then did a little office work and then got in bed at noon.


At 2:00 I went to the kitchen and decided to add a chopped slice of sausage and sauté that with the last of the Pasta Shells with Pesto and Cherry tomatoes left from Suzette’s birthday party.  I drank a glass of Clamato with the juice of 1/2 lime.



I went back to bed until dinner.


Suzette arrived at 4:30 with Roasted Chicken from the Greenhouse Bistro.


At 7:00 she called me dinner and it was fabulous; the dark meat quarter of chicken, steamed broccoli, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy.  Suzette called it comfort food.  I called it fabulous?


She served a glass of Ferme Julien white blend from the Southern Rhone Valley.


I went back to bed after dinner and rested until after 10:00 when Suzette went to bed and then took my pills and returned to bed for the night.


This was a wonderful day of food.


I am not feeling bad and the Collagen and Turmeric is making my legs feel normal until I put pressure on my hip and knee joints.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment