Tuesday, August 9, 2022

August 9, 2022 Brunch - Gravad Lax and red onion and salami and cheese on toasted bagel slices with cream cheese. Dinner - stir fried beef with vegetable Medley and rice

August 9, 2022 Brunch - Gravad Lax and red onion and salami and cheese on toasted bagel slices with cream cheese. Dinner - stir fried beef with vegetable Medley and rice


I slept until 8:00 and showered and dressed and cleaned and wrapped the Gravad lax and cut three slices. At 10:30 I toasted two bagel slices and spread a thick layer of cream cheese on them to use up the last bit of it.  I lay red onion slices on one slice and the three slices of Gravad lax.  On the other slice I lay slices of the jumping smoked Gouda and salami.




I drank a cup of tea with breakfast.


I puttered around a bit sand then walked to the bank at noon.


I took quite a while to complete the banking and walk home.   I returned at 1:50, hot and sore, so i made a limeade and lay down to rest and read. I was not busy so I rested until 3:00, when I toasted two slices of cinnamon raisin bread and spread peanut butter and honey on them and peeled an orange for a snack.




Then I worked on my taxes until 4:00 when I watched The Beat for a few minutes and then read some more of the Blessing Way by Tony Hillerman.


Suzette arrived around 4:00 and watched her shows until 6:00 when we started dinner.  Suzette cut 1/4 of each of the red, yellow, and orange bell peppers, and tore off three stalks of bok Choy, and put ten stalks of asparagus, 1/2 of arced onion, and the yellow crook necked squash on the table.  She fetched the ginger and garlic and two mushrooms and I chopped all of those and then butchered and sliced the steak I had thawed for a modified pepper steak dish.




Suzette also prepared a cup of rice and then made a seasoning sauce with rice cooking wine, soy, hoisin, rice vinegar, two small containers of 2000 Vietnam Restaurant’s fish sauce, and corn starch.  Then she stir fried all of the meat and removed it and stir fried the vegetables and then returned the meat to the wok and added the seasoning sauce and cooked everything a few more minutes to soften the beef.





We drank water with the meal.


It was delicious, I loved the sweetness of the sauce from the addition of the fish sauce.





We watched Finding Your Roots and then Episode 5 Season 7 of Grantchester, which we missed last Sunday.


We went to bed by 10:00.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment