Sunday, August 7, 2022

August 7, 2022 Brunch - Mushroom, Green Onion, cheese, and tomato Omelet with bacon. Dinner -Grilled Salmon with Fried Rice and Seaweed Salad

August 7, 2022 Brunch - Mushroom, Green Onion, cheese, and tomato Omelet with bacon. Dinner -Grilled Salmon with Fried Rice and Seaweed Salad


I awakened at 8:00 and Suzette slept until 9:00.  I watched news until 10:00 and then pruned and cut roses and then walked around the garden listening to Suzette’s plan for the arrangement of tables and chairs for the party.


I then helped her measure the gazebo for bug netting and then picked a basket full of fennel stems for Gravad lax.  I returned to the house around noon and fried six slices of bacon and made an omelet with two green onions sliced thinly, two mushrooms sliced, and 1/4 of a tomato sliced.  I sautéed the vegetables for several minutes and then added the egg.  I then sliced six or seven slices of Jarlsberg cheese and lay them on the eggs.  In another couple of minutes I flipped one-third of the eggs onto the other 2/3 and cooked it another minute or two.







I toasted two slices of raisin bread and plated the bacon and eggs for Suzette, who had made her Sunday Bloody Mary.  I plated the bacon, eggs, and toast for me. We ate around 12:30.


Suzette had a family zoom meeting after lunch and then left for a meeting with her accountant.


I watched the final passage of the Inflation Reduction Act and then rested until she returned at 5:30 and then I got up and made Gravad lax.  I mixed 1 cup of salt with 3/4 cup of sugar and mortared 1 tsp. of black pepper.


I rinsed the two salmon filets and sliced two Pieces to fit a 9x6 inch Pyrex baking dish.


I then layered fennel. Salmon, fennel, salmon, fennel on top with each surface coated with the sugar and salt mixture. I weighed the salmon with a brick and then placed the dish in the fridge. I will turn the fish in the morning and it will be cured by tomorrow night.




I then cut three filets for grilling for dinner and six slices of lemon, Suzette could lay a filet on two slices of lemon on the grilling tray.


I froze the two remaining filets and bagged some end pieces for sashimi.


We planned to serve seaweed salad and rice with dinner.  Suzette suggested that Willy liked fried rice so I chopped three slices of ginger, three green onions, two mushrooms, the neck of a crooked neck yellow squash, 1/4 of a yellow bell pepper, and three cloves of garlic.


I the whisked two eggs and fried them into a pancake in the wok.


Then I stir fried the vegetables until Willy arrived and took over the wok duties.  He added about 1 1/2 cups of cooked rice to the vegetables. I cut the egg pancake into 1 inch squares and added them and then added 1 T. of rice cooking wine and 1/2 T. of soy, and 1 tsp. of sesame oil while Willy stir fried the ingredients in the wok.


Suzette plated three plates with seaweed salad.  When she brought in the grilled salmon, Willy spooned 1/3 of the stirred fried rice onto each plate and Suzette lay the salmon filet on the pile of stir-fried rice.


Suzette opened and poured her and me glasses of La Granja Spanish white blend of Verdejo and Viura.  Willy drank the Chateau la Chapelle Blaye Bordeaux red.


We all enjoyed dinner at around 7:30.  Willy thought it was healthy and we all thought up it was delicious.


After dinner we watched two episodes of Asian street food. Osaka, Japan and Indonesia.


Willy left a bit after 9:00 and we went to bed, Suzette to sleep and I to blog.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment