Friday, August 19, 2022

August 19, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 30. Dinner - Leftover No. 30.

August 19, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 30. Dinner - Leftover No. 30.


Today was a rather uneventful food day but a busy work day.


Suzette picked eight figs from our fig bush this morning and stuffed them with goat cheese.  I ate four and then drove to Bill Turner’s to sign my opinion letter.


I then drove to The Foot and Ankle Clinic for my toe nail clipping.  


I love having my toe nails clipped. I think of it as being a pedicure.  I only hope I am no longer considered pre-diabetic and lose the benefit.


After that I drove to 2000 Vietnam and picked up a No. 30 to go and drove home, arriving at 12:00.



I ate 1/2 of the No. 30 and then made a Vietnamese iced coffee by mixing 1/3 glass of coffee with one heaping T. of condensed milk and filling the glass with ice.


I was called by Nic at the state at lunch, who told me I needed to enter an appearance for the two water rights transfer applicants in a case Bill referred to me.


I went into the office at 1:30 and filed entries of appearance and then filed a notice of completion of briefing in another case. I did not finish until 5:30.


Suzette came home around 5:00, so when I finished working, I talked to her about dinner.  She tested me twice and she thought I was coming down with Covid.


So we decided to isolate Bob and eat leftovers for dinner. We had two beautiful leftovers, the crab cake, steamed asparagus and roasted potatoes from last night and the remaining 1/2 of the No. 30 from lunch.


We decided to avoid any contamination so I heated the No. 30 and Suzette heated and ate the crab cake, asparagus and potatoes.



I then grabbed three chocolate sandwich cookies and a glass of water and went to the bedroom and blogged this blog.


Tomorrow will tell the tale of whether I have Covid we hope.


I guess the first thing that suffers in illness is one’s expansive culinary interests.


What I will say is that eating less has made me lose a little weight and feel better.


I am thinking about putting some of that weight back on later this evening by eating a bowl of chocolate ice cream.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment