Tuesday, August 30, 2022

August 30, 2022 Lunch - Sautéed Potstickers with Seaweed Salad Dinner - BLT Sandwiches and Peach Cobbler

 August 30, 2022 Lunch - Sautéed Potstickers with Seaweed Salad  Dinner - BLT Sandwiches and Peach Cobbler


I awakened at 6:48 and watched the news until 8:00.


I worked a bit and then showered and dressed and at 9:30 toasted two slices of bagel, spread them with cream cheese and added slices of red onion and Gravad lax and a sprinkle of capers. 


I drank a cup of chai with the bagel and then worked some more until 12:30, when I lay down and napped until 2:00.


I then made a lunch of 10 potstickers and a pile of seaweed salad with a soy, then worked until 4:30 when I drove to the bank to deposit checks and garlic/chili, sliced green onion, and sesame oil dipping sauce.





I then drove in solid 5:00 traffic for fifteen minutes to El Super to shop for groceries.  I bought Mexican squash, tomatoes, a Pasilla chili, limes, sour cream, yellow onions, leeks, Snow peas, and broccoli.


I arrived at home at 6:30 and made a gin and tonic and rested while Suzette put up the groceries and made dinner.  She toasted one each of the La Brea bake and serve dinner rolls garnished two halves of a dinner roll with basil mayonnaise, a pile of fried crisp bacon, a few slices of lettuce and a slice of tomato from our garden.




We drank Origon Reserva, a red blend of Grenache and Syrah from Terra Alta south of Barcelona with dinner.


After dinner we watched the news and ate bowls of cobbler with vanilla ice cream with a sniffer of cognac.


We went to bed at 9:00.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment