Tuesday, August 23, 2022

August 23, 2022.Lunch - Chicken and Dumpling Soup. Dinner - Chicken Sandwiches

 August 23, 2022.Lunch - Chicken and Dumpling Soup. Dinner - Chicken Sandwiches 


The big news is that I tested negative for Covid this morning.  


At 9:00 I ate a bowl of granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt.


Then I rested until 1:00 when a EUFA match came on from Belgrade between the Belgrade team and a team from Haifa, Israel.


I made lunch at 1:45 and watched the match the Serbs took an early 2 to 0 lead but in the second half Haifa scored a goal and in the 90th minute a Belgrade own goal tied the score 2 to 2.


The Israelis were ecstatic and so was I.


I made a chicken soup with a mirepoix plus red miso, dehydrated chicken stock, bok Choy, mushrooms, some chicken, and tofu. Then I added 8 chicken mini-dumplings.  The soup was delicious. I ate 1 1/2 bowls and there was enough left for another meal.




The windows came and the Albuquerque Glass guys put them up and hung the other storm windows and screens.


I then watched some news.


The news does not seem to be getting better for Trump.  It looks like he intended to keep top secret documents after he was subpoenaed to return them and had his lawyer lie to the DOJ that they had returned all e documents, which is a clear violation of the Espionage Act.


Suzette picked and stuffed figs with goat cheese when she arrived around 5:00.  I ate several and loved them.


Then at 6:00 she asked what I wanted for dinner and I said,”Chicken sandwich.”


So Suzette sliced French baguette and garnished them with thin slices of fresh mozzarella, fresh ripe tomato from the garden, slices of cucumber and chicken and fresh basil mayonnaise.


She poured glasses of white wine and we both loved dinner.


The sandwiches were really closer to bruschetta with the fresh mozzarella cheese and tomato and cucumber.




They were heavenly.


After dinner a Willy came by to do laundry and Suzette and I walked the garden to see where everything was to be set up for her BD party on Thursday.


She then made the bed and I lay down around 7:30 to blog and read.


I felt like being negative freed me to return to the kitchen and cook today.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment