Sunday, August 21, 2022

August 20, 2022 Brunch - Mushroom, Avocado, and Cheese Omelet. Dinner - Roasted Chicken Thigh with Vegetable Couscous

August 20, 2022 Brunch - Mushroom, Avocado, and Cheese Omelet. Dinner - Roasted Chicken Thigh with Vegetable Couscous 


I woke up at 6:45 and watched the Leeds v. Chelsea match.  Leeds had the superior energy and aggressiveness today and beat Chelsea 3 to 0.


I great game. Later I watched a great match between Newcastle and Man City that ended in a 3 to 3 tie.


I watched news and rested. At 11:00 Suzette made us a Mushroom, Avocado, and Cheese Omelet with three slices of French baguette. After lunch we thawed five chicken thighs for dinner.


I had a snack of popcorn at 4:00.


At 5:00 Suzette started dinner by stuffing the chicken thighs with fresh tarragon and lemon slices and baking them in the steamer oven.


Suzette reheated the vegetable couscous that we had made earlier this week with greens from our garden. She also included two figs from our fig bush on each plate stuffed with goat cheese.



I chilled and opened a bottle Liebfraumilch for dinner (Trader Joe’s $5.99) that was a bit sweet but a well rounded wine that was particularly refreshing after dinner with a few cubes of ice.


Willy came by to work on his car in our driveway and joined us for dinner.

We ate in the garden.  Willy sat in the corner of the garden and Suzette




and I sat at either end of the table under the gazebo.


It was lovely to be outside in the sunny evening, but the mosquitoes forced us inside as soon as we finished dinner.


I am amazed how unaffected I am by Covid.  I have had worse days when I was not sick with Covid. My range of activity is unaffected other than I do not leave the house.


I worked on my taxes this afternoon.  They are ready to go to the accountant for tax prep.


I finished Valley of Horses yesterday and am on to The Mammoth Hunters today, although it is another over 500 page book and less interesting, so will be a longer read.  For the last twenty years I have been fascinated by the history of Neolithic Age life.  The Clan of the Cave Bear series describes a speculative history of the epoch 25,000 to 35,000 years ago when both Homo sapiens and Neanderthals lived in proximity to each other in what is now Russia, Ukraine, Hungary, and France.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment