Wednesday, August 10, 2022

August 10, 2022 Brunch - Gravad Lax Omelet with Asparagus, red onion, and goat cheese. Dinner - PPI Beef Short Ribs in Tomato sauce and Lemon flavored Sautéed Zucchini and red onion

August 10, 2022 Brunch - Gravad Lax Omelet with Asparagus, red onion, and goat cheese. Dinner - PPI Beef Short Ribs in Tomato sauce and Lemon flavored Sautéed Zucchini and red onion


When Suzette stays home to work we often eat only two meals a day.


Today was one of those days.  Suzette and Carlos worked in the back yard until 11:30.


I woke up and showered and dressed and took the trash out to the curb at 9:00 and then walked around the block and then at 9:45 met with Jody to discuss the Prius dash lights problem (the replacement part was no good and a new replacement part circuit board is on the way).


I then rested until 10:45 and then peeped breakfast.  I diced six asparagus tips, a slice of Gravad lax, about 2 T. of red onion and 1/4 of a tomato.


When Suzette came in hungry at 11:30 I started cooking the onion, and asparagus in the wok.  After a few minutes I added the tomato and some cooked rice.  I whisked 4 eggs and added them. Finally I added the lax and then flakes of goat cheese.




Suzette poured us glasses of Clamato juice and I toasted and buttered two slices of French baguette and spread them with orange marmalade.


I scorched the bottom of the eggs because I cooked the omelet in the wok. Suzette got me to promise to not try to cook an omelet in a wok again.


It was noon when we finished brunch. Suzette wen to on errands and I worked at my desk until 1:00 when I lay down and read and napped until 2:00 when Suzette awakened me.  I drove to Bill Turner’s office at 2:45 and reviewed a water transaction and returned home at 3:45. I toasted a slice of French baguette and spread butter on it and added slices of the smoked Gouda with cumin and ham antipasto and made a limeade with lime, mint syrup, and water and ice for a quick snack.


I watched the Beat until 5:00, when Suzette said she was hungry and we should cook dinner.  She asked what I wanted and I said we should eat the PPI beef short ribs and sauté zucchini and douse it with lemon.


I diced two zucchini and two cloves of garlic and two ounces of red onion and Suzette heated olive oil in a skillet and I added the vegetables and we took turns stirring the skillet.


I poured the remaining 1/3 bottle of 2017 Chianti Classico and we had a pleasant dinner at around 6:00.


We watched two episodes of Somebody is feeding Phil, Singapore and the Mississippi River Valley from Memphis south into Mississippi.


We loved Singapore and wanted to go for the fabulous food.


Most of the food in the Mississippi episode was fried, but the most interesting dish was battered and deep fried lobster tails.


I ate several cookies at 10:00 and after dinner, so I nibbled a bit all day.


It was a super day in the market, which gave my portfolio a pleasant boost.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment