Monday, August 22, 2022

August 22, 2022 Lunch - Chicken Salad, Dinner - Duck and Vegetable Fried Rice.

August 22, 2022 Lunch - Chicken Salad, Dinner - Duck and Vegetable Fried Rice. 


I tried to rest today, but went through mail for a couple of hours,


I dressed and toasted two slices of bagel and spread cream cheese and added slices of red onion and Gravad lax and a sprinkle of capers.


At 11:30 I took the morning dose of Paxlovin.  At 1:30 I watched the second half of the match between Manchester Union and Liverpool.


Surprisingly Man Union won 2 to 1.


Suzette came home at 2:45 and made a chicken sandwich.


After the match at 3:15 I made a chicken salad with the last slice of avocado, the left chicken, a sliced Persian cucumber, two slices of dill pickle, and slices of red onion, plus a bowl of romaine lettuce.


I squeezed juice of 1/4 lemon into the permanent dressing and added 1/6 cup of olive oil to the dressing.p and dressed the salad.


I toasted two slices of French baguette and lay slices of Jarlsberg cheese on the toast and melted the cheese for 23 seconds in the microwave.



I drank a cup of water with lunch.


After lunch I quartered three Persian cucumbers and added them with more salt and vinegar to the dill pickle jar.


At 5:00 I ate a few pita chips and then helped Suzette prepare dinner.


Her menu plan was to combine the leftover roast duck, deep fried tofu, and rice from our take out lunch from East Ocean last week and add a seasoning sauce to it.


I suggested adding fresh bok Choy and she agreed.  So I deboned the duck and removed and sliced the meat and skin into bite sized pieces.


I then chopped about 1/2 lb. of bok Choy separating the white thick stalks from the tender green leaves.


Suzette fetched the wok and sautéed the heat and bok Choy stalks and added the fried tofu and vegetables and then the rice.  When everything was heated she added the seasoning sauce consisting of hoisin sauce, soy, rice vinegar, sesame oil, cornstarch and a small container of sweet Vietnamese fish sauce.





I brewed a cup of green tea and Suzette drank a beer with dinner.


As soon as I finished dinner I retired to my bedroom to watch the news and Atlanta play the Jets in Monday night football.


I read until 10:30 and then took my pills and went to bed.


Covid is proving to be rather boring.


The most interesting news was Rachel Maddow’s interview with Dr. Fauci, who just announced his retirement at the end of the year after 52 years of working for the U.S. in public health. A great American.


Bon Appetit 



No comments:

Post a Comment