Wednesday, August 24, 2022

August 24, 2022 Lunch - Padilla’s Chile Relleno Plate. Dinner - Sautéed hamburger steak with onions and mushrooms and Mashed Potatoes with Pesto and green beans

August 24, 2022 Lunch - Padilla’s Chile Relleno Plate. Dinner - Sautéed hamburger steak with onions and mushrooms and Mashed Potatoes with Pesto and green beans


I slept until 7:30.  Suzette went to work in then back yard and I showered and dressed and made a cup of chai and ate a fig bar.


At 9:00 I went to the garden and picked two baskets full of basil for the pesto Suzette made for the party in the afternoon.


Suzette went to an appointment I then rested until she returned at 12:30 with lunch.  I am not suture what she purchased for herself, but she brought home a Chile Relleno Plate from Padilla’s for me with green Chile and double beans.



I ate one of the two rellenos and saved the other one and some beans.


After lunch I fetched three hamburgers from the freezer to thaw.


I then ate the two sopapillas that come with the plate with a spoonful of honey in each.


The window guys came and installed all the storm windows and screens at 3:00.


After they left Suzette made pesto and I watched Ari Melber until 5:00 and then read the Mammoth Hunters by Auel.


Suzette asked about dinner around 6:00 and I suggested sautéed hamburgers with mashed potatoes and green beans.


I called Willy and he said he would come over when he finished his project at work. To help me pick the wine for the party.


He arrived around 7:00 while Suzette was cooking dinner and we went through the wines in the wine cooler and picked 11.


We decided to drink a Londer 2006 Paraboll. Since we were having a family dinner, we decided to drink the Paraboll rather than serve it at the party.


Suzette added onion slices and mushrooms to the skillet in which she sautéed the hamburgers.  She steamed the green beans in the microwave 

And drizzled them over the mashed potatoes on which she added a dollop of pesto.


The Londer Paraboll was exquisite.  It was complex but lacked any tannin acidity and opened up as we drank it to expose its cherry fullness of flavor.




It is rated 93 points and sell for $55.00 per bottle, which may have been almost what I paid for it.


This is a good example of how a great wine can turn an average meal into a great meal.


After dinner we ate a few Keebler Fudge sticks with the last sips of wine and then Willy and I went to the wine cellar and pulled another 11 bottles that provides 20 bottles for the party.


Willy gathered his laundry and left and I lay down.


At 9:00 Suzette went bed and I read and blogged and went to bed a bit after 11:00.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment