Friday, August 5, 2022

August 4, 2022 Lunch - Salami Salad Dinner - Pita Pocket Sandwiches with lamb, hummus, tomato, tzatziki, and red onion

August 4, 2022 Lunch - Salami Salad  Dinner - Pita Pocket Sandwiches with lamb, hummus, tomato, tzatziki, and red onion


The nest meal of the day was breakfast because I ate a bowl of cool clafoutis.  I then walked around the block and rested until 10:30 when I worked on my taxes until noon.




I napped until 1:30 and then made a salami salad with romaine, tomato, cucumber, salami, and red onion.  I also toasted two slices of French baguette and spread Mayo on them and lay a slice of prosciutto on each and spread the prosciutto with a dab of blue cheese mustard.  I drank water.


I checked my portfolio at 3:00 and found that it had recovered about 10% since the low, but was still 10% below my 2021 start point. This is after I took 25% off the table near the low when I was worried it might go lower.


Suzette came home around 4:00 while was watching The Beat News show.


She decided to make hummus with the two cans of chick peas, some tahini, lemon juice and garlic.


That meant we would eat pita pockets, so I made tzatziki with 2/3 of a cucumber, about 2/3 cup of yogurt, juice of 1/2 lemon, a clove of garlic pressed, and a dash of the fancy olive oil we bought in California.


I also diced a tomato and some slices of red onion.

 

I then sliced thin slices of lamb and Suzette heated them in the microwave.


Suzette cut a pita in half and toasted the two halves and we stuffed them with all the above ingredients.



They were delicious.  I made another pocket and stuffed it with the two slices of lamb left and bits of the other ingredients.  We opened a bottle of Chianti Classico (Trader Joe’s $6.99) and enjoyed that light red wine with dinner and a glass afterward.


I ate a scoop of chocolate cherry ice cream and vanilla ice cream later during the episode of Midsomer Mystery.


I went to bed at 9:00 before the episode ended and Suzette told me the ending when she came to bed after it ended at 9:30.


Pink Grouper is on the menu for tomorrow evening.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment