Saturday, August 13, 2022

August 13, 2022 Brunch - Sautéed Smoked Pork chop, two eggs over easy, and toast. Dinner - Lamb Tomato Sauce with Spaghetti and Steamed Asparagus

August 13, 2022 Brunch - Sautéed Smoked Pork chop, two eggs over easy, and toast. Dinner - Lamb Tomato Sauce with Spaghetti and Steamed Asparagus 


Suzette has Covid.  I tested this morning and am still negative.  


We washed the sheets and Suzette is sleeping in her dressing room at the back of the house. 


I watched two soccer matches; Leicester lost to Arsenal and Man United got crushed by Brentford 4 to 0.


We talked to Willy and he told us Marta passed away this morning, so it is good that he went to be with the family.  I am saddened because I liked Marta. She was a lovely person and a wonderful artist.


I then cooked breakfast while Suzette worked outside. I sautéed a smoked pork chop and fried four eggs over easy and toasted four slices of French baguette.  I also poured a glass of Clamato for Suzette and made a cup of chai for me.


We then napped until 3:00. I then worked on taxes, until zsuzette was ready to make the lamb tomato sauce.  This is a recipe we collected by watching a Discovering Italy episode. On the show they ground wild boar roasted with herbs and added it to the tomato sauce.


I then diced two tomatoes, 2 cloves of garlic, and 1/2 small onion for the lamb tomato sauce Suzette would make while went to the store.


I downed a fig bar and took a sugar pill and at 4:00 drove to El Super to replenish the larder so we will have food in case I get sick.  I bought limes, lemons, beautiful asparagus, zucchini, green beans, mangos, Persian cucumbers, two cucumbers, Granny Smith apples, carrots, yellow onions, red onions, bananas, guayaba paste for the party, Roma tomatoes, mushrooms, and a can of black beans.  The plan is to eat lots of pita sandwiches this week with tzatziki and tomatoes and perhaps some hamburger meat.


When I returned home Suzette helped me put the groceries away in the garage while I took others into the house.


I then took the clean sheets and made the bed in our bedroom, while Suzette boiled spaghetti and steamed asparagus and plated dinner.  She even opened the Barbera di Asti red wine I had chilled, so I would not need to go into the kitchen.  Suzette took her dinner outside to eat on the patio and I ate in the TV room.




After dinner I went to the bedroom and Suzette watched TV in the TV room until 9:00 when she went to bed.


I watched the Yankees beat the Boston Red Sox and then watched a Dallas Cowboys v. Denver Broncos pre-season game until 10:00. 


I read a bit and blogged and went to bed.


So another two meal day with a small snack.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment