Thursday, September 1, 2022

September 1, 2022 Lunch - Chicken Noodle Miso Soup. Dinner - Lamb Rib-lets with Couscous and Snow Peas

 September 1, 2022 Lunch - Chicken Noodle Miso Soup. Dinner - Lamb Rib-lets with Couscous and Snow Peas


I ate granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt for breakfast.


At 1:00 I watched Man Union beat Leicester 1 to 0.  Leicester has won a game this season and stands at the bottom of the PL with 1 point.


At 2:00 I made Chicken Noodle Miso Soup.  I cooked rice sticks and a bundle of wheat noodles in 1 1/2 quarts of water flavored with dehydrated chicken stock and a heaping T. of red miso and a T. of rice cooking wine.  Then I added 1 oz. of sliced red onion, two stems of bok Choy chopped, about 2 oz. oz chicken and two slices of pork sausage diced, three mushrooms sliced, and about 9 oz. of medium firm tofu.




After I ate a bowl and there is still a full pot of soup, so tomorrow I will add dashi the rest of the chopped bok Choy, and an egg perhaps.


I meditated at 5:00 and when Suzette arrived at 6:00 after an appointment with her accountant, she brought home lamb rib-lets marinated in Moroccan spices prepared by Chef Josh at the Greenhouse Bistro.  She made a quick and really delicious dinner by grilling the riblets and adding chopped snow peas to the PPI Couscous and heating it in the microwave.



We drank the last of the Origon red wine from Terra Alta in Spain, which was perfect because it was a Syrah and Grenache grape blend similar to Southern Rhone reds.


After dinner I retired to my room, since I tested positive again today with the last half of my glass of wine and a Swedish Milk chocolate and Toasted hazelnut 3 oz. bar to watch Midsomer Mystery until 9:30 when Suzette went to bed.


I stayed up to blog and read.


Biden gave the best speech of his Presidency tonight, slamming the Maga Republicans as being against democracy. It was also a call to all those who wish to defend democracy to engage in the 2022 election process.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment