Monday, August 15, 2022

August 15, 2022 Lunch Caprese Salad and boiled Shrimp. Dinner - PPI Lamb Spaghetti sauce with Spaghetti with mushrooms and zucchini.

 August 15, 2022 Lunch Caprese Salad and boiled Shrimp. Dinner - PPI Lamb Spaghetti sauce with Spaghetti with mushrooms and zucchini.

Mondays are turning into lazy days.


I woke up at 7:00 and got dressed and ate a bowl of Clafoutis for breakfast: all the basics, eggs, milk, cherries, sugar and flour. Custard for breakfast.


I read mail and then drove too my 10:00 dermatology appointment. 


Afterwards I drove to Costco to buy mozzarella cheese.  I also bought a wheel of Petit Basque, a Cabot cheddar, and a wheel of brie for the party, plus a package of fresh Dungeness crab claws, two French baguettes, a case of Warsteiner Oktoberfest beer, and two large jars of Spanish green olives stuffed with pimiento for the party. I bought a highly rated Sonoma Pinot Noir to try also.


I return home little after noon and Suzette helped store the food in the fridge.  We discussed lunch and decided to boil the last 8 shrimp we had in the freezer and make a Caprese salad with the fresh mozzarella and a ripe tomato from our garden.


Suzette went to the garden and picked three ripe tomatoes and a handful of basil leaves.


Suzette then went outside while I made lunch.  I boiled the shrimp and made a cocktail sauce with catsup, horseradish and lemon juice.


I made a stack of slices of red onion, tomato, basil leave, and mozzarella.


I poured the last of the Pinot Grigio rose and asked Suzette to make the olive oil and balsamic dressing for the salad.




Again Suzette ate outside and I ate inside and watched Liverpool play Crystal Palace to a 1 to 1 tie.


After lunch I lay down and read by new book, The Valley of Horses by Auel, I previously read the tire six book series but I wanted to read this book again because it has so many positive elements.


I stayed in bed until 6:00 when Suzette asked me about dinner.  We decided to reconstitute the PPI lamb spaghetti sauce by adding more store bought sauce and several mushrooms and a diced zucchini squash.


Around 6:30 Suzette called me.  She heated the PPI spaghetti, reworked the sauce and poured the leftover Wellington Cabernet Sauvignon for a tasty, quick dinner.


At around 7:30 I returned to the bedroom and let Suzette roam the rest of the house.


Suzette says we may be able to stop isolating on Thursday if she tests negative for Covid.


It will be nice to cook and eat together and I am sure she will be happy to stop staying and eating outside while I am cooking, just as I will be happy to cook and eat with her.


At 9:00 Suzette knocked on my door to say she was going to bed.


It started raining around 11:00 and I went to sleep after blogging and a bit more reading.  


I don’t know why I love the Clan of the Cave Bear series so much.  I guess it is because I have been drawn to pre-historic history.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment