Friday, August 5, 2022

August 5, 2022 Lunch - Padilla’s Chili Relleno Plate. Dinner - New Recipe, Pink Grouper Pepper Stir fry with Rice and Seaweed Salad

August 5, 2022 Lunch - Padilla’s Chili Relleno Plate. Dinner - New Recipe, Pink Grouper Pepper Stir fry with Rice and Seaweed Salad


I awakened at 6:30 and dressed and watched the news for a while and then toasted two slices of bagel and spread cream cheese on them and then added slices of red onion, Gravad lax and capers.



I drank Earl Grey tea with them. Then I worked on taxes.  



At noon I drove to the bank and then to Smith’s where I found what May be the closest cheese to Leyden, an aged Gouda by a different name with cumin.  I also bought milk, cream cheese, two salmon filets, ground beef, carrots, bacon and cluster tomatoes. My digital coupon did not work on the bacon and tomatoes, so I was really upset, but took them anyway..  i made up for the non-discount by buying an artichoke and yellow crook neck squash for $.99.


While I was waiting in line I ordered two chili Relleno plates from Padilla’s, so after I loaded the groceries I drove to Padilla’s and picked up the rellenos. One for Carlos and one for me.


I drove home and after I put up the groceries, I toasted a flour tortilla and made a Relleno burrito and made a limeade.  I put 1/2 of the beans on a plate with the burrito and ate most of it when Carlos appeared on the patio.


I toasted a flour tortilla for Carlos and heated his lunch in the microwave and made him a Relleno burrito. Carlos had a can of root beer so he ate his burrito and took the other Relleno to his truck to eat later.


I forgot to give Carlos his two sopapillas. I one and put the three remaining ones in the fridge.


I worked for a while but it became hot by 3:00 so I lay down on the bed in the bedroom that is the coolest spot in the house.  Suzette said the temperature reached 95 degrees today.


At 6:00 I came out of the bedroom and made a gin and tonic.


Suzette came up with a recipe for the pink grouper.  I started by making a cup of rice.


Then I sliced and diced 1/4 of each of a red, a yellow, and an orange bell pepper, two cloves of garlic, and the last six or seven Shishito peppers and 1/4 of a red onion.  Suzette started stir frying the ingredients while I de-boned and skinned the pink grouper steak and cut it into 1 inch square pieces.  I ended up being more than a pound of fish.  Suzette made the wonderful seasoning sauce she uses for her garlic eggplant dish with rice vinegar, soy, oyster sauce, corn starch, and water.


Suzette cooked the meal in my wok.  It was incredibly delicious. The fish was saturated with the seasoning sauce yet retained its grouper flavor.


                                                        The finished dish


                                                            The raw fish


                                                The rice and seaweed salad


                                                 The peppers and onion

Now I want to make pepper steak with the peppers.


We split a beer and each of us finished our unfinished cocktail after the beer with dinner.


We watched the news and then the last episode of Lincoln Lawyer, the cable series, and went to bed at 10:30.


Dinner was just Devine. I had never made a pepper stir fry and this he sold me on it as a great dish.


This was a great food day.  All three meals were terrific, with a new recipe fo dinner.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment