Thursday, August 18, 2022

August 18, 2022 Lunch - Pita pocket sandwiches. Dinner - Crab Cakes, Steamed Asparagus and PPI Roasted Potatoes

August 18, 2022 Lunch - Pita pocket sandwiches. Dinner - Crab Cakes, Steamed Asparagus and PPI Roasted Potatoes 


Another day of lovely food.   Started with my usual breakfast, granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt.


I slept for another 45 minutes and then attended a zoom meeting at 10:00 until 11:00 and then walked around the block.  When I returned at noon I was tired so I lay down for an hour.


My throat is sore so I wanted something soft for lunch.  I decided to make pita pocket sandwiches with a soft fresh pita.


I cut a pita into two semi circles and toasted them. One was soft and the other was toasted to a greater degree of firmness.


I filled one with baba Ghanoush, diced tomato, and tzatziki and the other with Taramasalata, diced tomato, and tzatziki, all soft foods.


I added 8 green cracked olives and ate the leftover cucumber yogurt liquid from the tzatziki with the two sandwiches.



After lunch I worked ob taxes until 4:00 when I watched the Beat until 5:00.


I read until 6:45, hen Suzette cooked crab cakes, steamed asparagus and reheated roasted potatoes for dinner.  Suzette made the crab cakes by mixing crab meat with bread crumbs and a béchamel sauce and then sautéed them in butter.  They fell apart. Suzette acknowledged that if she had baked them in the steamer oven they would have held together and been less greasy.  But they were wonderful with their crispy edges.



She also steamed the big beautiful asparagus I bought at El Super and reheated the roasted potatoes.  I added hollandaise sauce to the steamed asparagus stalks to add flavor.

 



I drank the Claire Patelin Sauvignon Blanc from Cotes de Gascogne.

I later added some maraschino juice to make a pleasant after dinner drink.


At 9:30 I returned to the kitchen and ate a few bites of cold Clafoutis and poured a jigger of the maraschino medium, which includes brandy and cherry liquor and reminds me of Luden’s cherry cough mints in liquid form to ease the scratchiness in my throat.



I am plowing through the Valley of Horses and loving it.


Bon Appetit



 





No comments:

Post a Comment