Sunday, August 14, 2022

August 14, 2022 Lunch - Sausage Burritos Dinner - Hamburger steak with Roasted Potatoes and Green beans

August 14, 2022 Lunch - Sausage Burritos  Dinner - Hamburger steak with Roasted Potatoes and Green beans


I woke up at 7:45 after a rough night of sleep.  I did my favorite thing on Sundays.  I watched PL soccer and the Sunday news programs.  TheRe were two amazing matches.  Nottingham Forest beat West Hampton and Chelsea played an all out battle with Tottenham to a 2 to 2 tie with Kane scoring in the last minute of overtime to get the tie.


At 11:30 I went to the kitchen and chopped 1/4 each of a yellow and an orange bell pepper and 1/3 of a Pasilla Chile and an onion and two cloves of garlic. I fried these with about 1/2 lb. of Jimmie Dean sausage and then added a diced tomato and three whisked eggs to make a scramble.


 I toasted two flour tortillas and wrapped 1/2 of the scramble in each and garnished each with four slices of avocado.



I poured us each a glass of Clamato juice and squeezed lime juice into each glass. I put Suzette’s on the table and she fetched it and ate outside and I ate inside.


After lunch at 12:30 I became tired and napped until 3:45. I watched more women’s under 20 World Cup, a match between U.S. and Holland that Holland won to avoid elimination.


At 6:00 I went back to the kitchen and started dinner but I was hungry and 3 slices of French baguette and spread them with taramasalata and ate a dill pickle with them and a glass of La Granja Viura/Verdejo blend.




I added blueberries and 1/2 cup of sugar to the fresh peaches Suzette had picked from our tree and peeled and sliced and put the bowl of fruit into the fridge.


I snapped a handful of green beans while Suzette took over and cut the small creamer potatoes she wanted to use and threw in cloves of garlic and tossed them with olive oil in a Pyrex roasting pan and roasted them in the oven.  


Then Suzette made a cobbler batter with 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of sugar and baking powder and added the fruit and baked the peach and blueberry cobbler in the same oven as the potatoes.


Suzette then left the kitchen and I made 10 hamburgers from the three pounds of Angus ground beef I bought a week ago at Smith’s.


I put two on the cookie sheet and took the rest to the garage freezer.


Suzette put the two hamburgers on the grill outside while I cut two slices of Point Reyes blue cheese to melt on the top of the hamburgers and handed them to Suzette who was outside. 


I then opened and decanted a bottle of 2008 Wellington Morehardt Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon because the cork broke leaving about 1/3 in the bottle and poured two glasses of wine and fetched the catsup.


At 7:30 Suzette brought in the two grilled hamburgers and we plated her plate with  Steamed green beans we had cooked in the microwave in a Pyrex loaf pan with a T. of water covered with Saran for 2.22 minutes at a power of .8 and two scoops of roasted potatoes.  She also removed the cobbler from the stove.




Suzette took the wine and silver ware and her plate and ate at the patio table.  At 8:00 I turned the TV to Grantchester and I watched inside as I ate and Suzette watched from the patio.




When I finished eating around 8:30 I too the gin and tonic I had made before dinner to the bedroom and Suzette came in and watched the final 30 minutes and ate some vanilla ice cream with some cobbler.


Suzette said goodnight at 9:00 and went back to the back bedroom to sleep.


I went back to the kitchen at 10:00 after watching the Patagonia series on CNN.


I ate a few bites of the cobbler, which was fabulous. I guess cobbler always tastes better with your own fresh fruit.


Suzette says she is feeling better and is taking the cycle of Paxlovin, so hopefully she will have a mild case of Covid.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment