Monday, August 8, 2022

August 8, 2022 Lunch - Salmon sashimi with cucumbers, sushi rice and seaweed salad. Dinner - Lamb Pita Pocket sandwiches with hummus, tzatziki, chopped red onion and diced tomato

August 8, 2022 Lunch - Salmon sashimi with cucumbers, sushi rice and seaweed salad. Dinner - Lamb Pita Pocket sandwiches with hummus, tzatziki, chopped red onion and diced tomato 


It was a pretty exciting day in several respects.  Physically I re-started yoga with Avery and she was wonderful in helping me move into the stretches that loosened my joints ever so little.


Then I got a call from the attorney in my probate litigation indicating a willingness to settle.  So I had stopped their litigation stampede and just need to see if they will be reasonable about settling.


Then at 4:00 when watching Ari Melber on The Beat I learned that the FBI had served a search warrant on Trump’s Mar Y Lago estate. This is historic.  No Ex-president’s home has ever been searched.


The news programs all carried the story all evening.  The later shows said that the FBI had removed boxes, assuredly filled with documents that hopefully are Presidential archives. Withholding government papers from the National Archives is a federal crime. So this is a big deal.


I ate granola with milk and yogurt and cherries for breakfast.


I went to yoga at 10:35 and returned home at 12:30.


I filled a plate with four items. I peeled and sliced 1/4 of a cucumber, I heated 1/4 tsp. of dehydrated dashi, 1 T. of sugar, and 1 T. of rice vinegar and mixed it with the 1 1/2 cups of cooked five and heated the sushi rice and dumped it onto the plate.  I spooned a pile of seaweed salad onto the plate.  Finally I skinned and sliced the assorted pieces of salmon left from the making of Gravad lax and last night’s dinner.


I made a cup of green tea and filled a dipping bowl with pickled ginger and   another dipping bowl with a tsp. of wasabi and about 1 1/2 T. of soy sauce.



I enjoyed my Japanese lunch immensely.


At 2:00 I lay down in bed and rested and read until 4:00, when Suzette arrived.  


I told her I had arranged for Weston Simons, the top mixologist in the state to bartend and make a special cocktail for Suzette’s party.


She was thrilled but when we spoke with him at 9:00 Suzette got a little bit too into it and requested a flaming drink, which Weston mixed immediately.


We ate pita pocket sandwiches for dinner again since we had lamb, pitas, hummus, and tzatziki left and I diced another tomato. Tonight we drank a beer with dinner instead of wine.





After dinner Suzette ate vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup.


Suzette went to bed at 9:30 but I was enthralled with the news and stayed up until 11:30 to watch all of them.  As Rachel said, “This is one of those nights you will remember for the rest of your life.”


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment