Sunday, May 10, 2020

May 9, 2020 Lunch – PPI Beef Stroganoff with Egg Vermicelli. Dinner – PPI Meatloaf with steamed Cauliflower and Broccoli and Blueberry Cobbler

May 9, 2020   Lunch – PPI Beef Stroganoff with Egg Vermicelli. Dinner – PPI Meatloaf with steamed Cauliflower and Broccoli and Blueberry Cobbler

On a day when there is no Market activity is like when an old friend leaves unexpectedly.

In the morning I made tabouli with ¾ cup of No. 2 Bulgar that I had soaked over night to soften, a bunch of parsley finely minced, four green onions sliced thinly, two tomatoes diced , ¾ of a large cucumber peeled and diced, the juice of 1 ½ lemons, salt and about 1/3 cup of olive oil.



I also reviewed 8 new deeds and read mail. At 9:00 we heated quiche saturated with Clamato juice to moisten it and ate it with glasses of Clamato juice with a drizzle of lime juice.

After breakfast Suzette worked in the garden and at her new office area in the dining room.  I helped her load the galvanized buckets filled with herb plants she bought and planted for Willy’s Birthday into her Highlander.

I worked at my desk in the morning and at 12:30 I heated and ate some PPI Beef Stroganoff with Egg vermicelli for lunch. I opened one of my favorite budget red wines, 2015 Origon Gran Reserva from the Terra Alta region in southern Catalan.  The wine is 60% Syrah and 40% Tempranillo.  It is ultra smooth because it is aged 5 years by law and has been me of favorite inexpensive red,  $5.99 at Trader Joe’s.



Suzette ate some PPI Pork Ribs for lunch that later did not agree with her.

After lunch at around 2:00 a client arrived to prepare divorce papers and we worked until 5:15.

At 5:30 we drove to Willy’s apartment and unloaded the buckets and he and Suzette carried them to Willy’s patio where we stayed for a while and talked and I got to see Willy’s new Computer and desk.

Willy offered Suzette a beer to help digest the BBQ Pork Rib, which turned out to be her dinner.

When we returned home at 7:00 I cooked several cauliflower and broccoli flowerets with butter, garlic, and a little water in a Pyrex baking dish  covered with Saran in the microwave  on the Sensor Reheat.

While the vegetables were  cooking, and plated a generous handful of meatloaf and fetched the tabouli I had made this morning.

When the vegetables were cooked I put them on a plate with the meatloaf and heated the pork and the green vegetables for 2:34 minutes and added a scoop of tabouli.

I poured another glass of Origon, put a splash of catsup on the meatloaf, and enjoyed dinner.


I little later I heated a bowl of blueberry cobbler for 45 seconds and added a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream. The cobbler was really delicious, sweet and fruity.

We watched Father Brown and Death in Paradise and Suzette went to bed at 10:00.  I stayed up to blog and tried to watch Modus, a Swedish mystery in Swedish with subtitles and English with Kim Cantrell.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment