Wednesday, May 27, 2020

May 27, 2020 Lunch – Tabouli Salad with Toasted Pita.  Dinner – Pecan Crusted Pink Grouper on Couscous and fresh Arugula

I slept until 7:30.

At 10:30 I ate the rest of the Posole and Tamale augmented by some PPI egg foo young.

I did not eat again until 2:30 when I made a salad with the rest of the tabouli, ½ of a Roma tomato, 1/3 of a cucumber, goat cheese, and some kalamata olives.  I toasted a pita and tried to open its pocket but failed so I ate bites of it with bites of salad.

The market raged on, racking up a 533 gain in the Dow.  My portfolio managed a moderate gain because Moderna suffered a $6.00 loss for the day.  I must be mad. Mi pita stop on Moderna at $69.75 and when it hit it I made the error of putting my position back on at $71.50 and since I have watched it fall to $50.00. Idiocy.

The other thing that occurred today that will live in history is the second Memorial Day in less than a week.  This one is the corona virus claiming 100,000 American’s lives. It is super sad for so many people and it is by no means over.

Instead of consoling the nation’s bereaved families, Trump and his family flew to Cape aCanaveral to witness the launch of the SpaceX rocket which was scrubbed.

I rode South five miles at 5:30 and then showered.  I ripped the five miles in 30 minutes, which means I rode at an average speed of ten miles per hour.

We then put in an order for groceries from El Super.  The 19 items included, tomatillos, pork shanks, oranges, mangos, a papaya, a pineapple, bananas, apples, onions, zucchini, cauliflower, green onions and mushrooms.

Then we went to the kitchen at 6:30, I filleted the 2.5 lb. piece of pink Grouper into four pieces.  Suzette decided to follow a Paul Prudhomme recipe from his Louisiana Kitchen Cookbook. Here it is:




I decided to chill a bottle of 2018 Chateau La Freynelle, a white Bordeaux blend of Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, and Muscadelle grapes.




Suzette went to the garden and picked a bunch of arugula and we heated the PPI Couscous for a quick and easy dinner.




After dinner and after the delivery of the groceries I made bananas Foster with two bananas, about ¼ cup of golden brown sugar, four T. of  butter.  I sautéed the bananas, sugar, and butter and then added about ¼ cup of rum to the skillet and flambeed the dish.




Suzette put scoops of vanilla ice cream in a bowl and I poured the banana mixture over the ice cream for a wonderful dessert.

We watched the final episode of The Crown set in 1977. And at 10:00 Suzette went to bed.

I stayed up and blogged for a while.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment