Saturday, May 23, 2020

May 23, 2020 Lunch – BBQ Rib Plate Dinner – Eggplant Parmesan with a Spaghetti and Haricot Verts

May 23, 2020 Lunch – BBQ Rib Plate   Dinner – Eggplant Parmesan with a Spaghetti and Haricot Verts

I ate granola, yogurt, milk, and blueberries and sliced banana for breakfast.  After watching my daily dose of Governor Cuomo I rode 8 miles south.  I had a head wind while riding south so I pushed a bit further thinking I would be blown home, but when I turned there was a headwind with the occasional crosswind that made getting home quite a job.  Luckily the bike does not have any high gears so I can cruise along at a moderate speed, coasting occasionally. I made it home around 11:30.

Suzette took me on a tour of the garden and the work she had done in my absence and she heated the BBQ ribs made at the Greenhouse Bistro and I ate the lunch the Bistro staff made, including Caesar salad, a vinaigrette vegetable medley, and coleslaw plus a small pile of bread and butter pickles Suzette had made.  I thought the meal was mostly okay. The only thing that excited me were the pickles, which the staff had not made.




After lunch I lay down for a nap.  I finished Educated by Tara Westover.

We started cooking at 6:00.  I went to the garden and picked chives, basil, and oregano plus a few scapes.

Suzette wanted to make eggplant Parmesan with spaghetti with the meat and mushroom sauce I made  a few weeks ago and we froze.

I chopped two large mushrooms, about 1 T. of onion, some basil leaves, six chives, and about ½ cup of oregano leaves.

I added all these ingredients to the spaghetti sauce to freshen it up a bit.

Suzette sliced an eggplant and brushed the slices with olive oil and inserted a slice of mozzarella between each slice of eggplant and drizzled spaghetti sauce on the slices and baked them in the oven until cooked.

Suzette heated a pot of water and we dropped a lb. bag of vermicelli into the water and a little latter a handful of string beans.

Here is the picture.



We opened a bottle of Aquino Reserva Chianti.

Later I ate a piece of fruit cake with a glass of grappa, and a chai.



Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment