Sunday, May 17, 2020

May 17, 2020 Brunch – Chicken Salad Salad. Dinner – Fried Meatloaf, PPI Cauliflower Couscous, and Steamed Broccoli

May 17, 2020 Brunch – Chicken Salad Salad. Dinner – Fried Meatloaf, PPI Cauliflower Couscous, and Steamed Broccoli

I woke up around 7:00. I was hungry so I ate a bowl of granola, yogurt and fruit salad and watched the news programs until 10:00.  While the shows were on I made chicken salad.

Dill Chicken Salad

I chopped the following ingredients and mixed them with about ¾ cup of mayonnaise:

2 Granny Smith apples, 2/3 onion, 10 stalks of chives, 1 bunch fresh dill, 1 whole chicken breast, and pl6 stalks of celery

I lay down for a bit and got up around 11:00and watched Governor Cuomo’s press conference.

Suzette was shoveling pecan hulls around the trees in our small orchard.

We decided to make a Chicken Salad Salad for brunch.  I de-stemmed and chopped a head of Romaine lettuce, Suzette added scoops of chicken salad, pickled red onions, and I added kalamata olives and a drizzle of olive oil to the salads.  We poured the last of the bottle of Carayon La Rose’ and I toasted several slices of French baguette and Suzette sliced four strawberries, and we took our plates and glasses to the garden table.  The garden was in full bloom and the first two water lilies were blooming.  It was a lovely warm day.




After lunch I rested again and read the New Yorker.

Suzette fetched me for our family Zoom conference with Billy and Elaine, Luke, and Willy at 2:00.  God bless Zoom for keeping us united in spirit even though we are separated in distance.

After the conference we thawed lamb chops for tomorrow night’s meal. And I rested a bit more.

At 5:30 I awakened and we decided to make dinner.  We decided to use up as many leftovers as possible.  Suzette fetched and fried the last of the meat loaf, I destemmed five flowerets of broccoli and put them in the steamer and added water and turned on the heat.  Suzette heated the cauliflower Couscous in the microwave.

I fetched a bottle of 2017 Murphy Goode Pinot Noir and opened it and poured glasses and added 3 ice cubes to each glass.   Suzette plated the plates and we added several pickled beets to each plate and we again carried our meal to the garden table.  After dinner we sat and sipped wine and watched the doves fly to the bird bath to drink.






We went back in at 6:30 only to find that Mission Impossible. Was showing we watched it until 8:00 when we watched World on Fire and then the finale of Baptiste and went to bed at 10:00.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment