Wednesday, May 27, 2020

May 26, 2020 Lunch – No. 21 from Vietnam 2000. Dinner – Spaghetti cooked in spaghetti Sauce and PPI Eggplant Parmesan

May 26, 2020 Lunch – No. 21 from Vietnam 2000.  Dinner – Spaghetti cooked in spaghetti Sauce and PPI Eggplant Parmesan

I slept until 7:45 and watched the Market take off over 400 Points and the S &P break 3000 for the first time since early March.  A lot of folks had this terribly wrong or the stock market no longer cares about all those business that have and will fail and all of the folks who have lost a job who will not be re-employed or find new employment when the government unemployment runs out.

I ate a few spoonfuls of Posole for breakfast as I watched Governor Cuomo at 9:45.

At 10:00 I left for my errands.  I went to the bank and then to Talin.

At Talin I loaded up on groceries.  I bought 500 grams of Earl Grey tea, 2 small cans of pimientos, ground turmeric, tofu, canned water chestnuts, canned bamboo shoots, thick mung bean noodles, fresh egg noodles, 2.5 lb. of fresh pink grouper, .8 lb. of sushi grade Aji tuna, an octopus tentacle, 1 lb. of shallots, a package of brown beech mushrooms, a Taiwan daikon, and a bunch of leeks.

After I finished shopping at Talin I called Vietnam 2000 and ordered 2 No. 21s.  I then drove to Vietnam 2000 and waited n my car until the waiter appeared.  When he came to my car I handed him my debit card and in a few minutes signed the ticket and in a few more minutes he brought the two No. 21s and two extra fish sauces to my car. I texted Willy that I was n my way home. I arrived home just after Willy parked in the drive way. He helped me take in the groceries and carried our lunches to the table under the gazebo in the garden at about 11:30.



It was another brilliantly sunny day with a white water Lily in bloom as well as the chive flowers, the sage flowers, the lavender, and the Columbines and roses.

This has been a wonderfully colorful Spring in the garden.

Willy left around 12:30 for a 1:00 teleconference and rested for a bit.

I then called Rio Grande Foam.  Floyd said Suzette’s order was ready, so I drove to the shop and picked it up.

I then rested and watched the CNN interview with Joe Biden at 3:00. He sounded good to me.

I then checked the Market.  I expected the worst because Modena had been hammered down over $10.50 and the tech stocks also under pressure, even though the Dow was up over 400 points.  I knew I would be down.  What was amazing was that I was only down .17%.

Suzette came home while I was watching Mad Money a bit after 4:00.

We decided to mix some PPI spaghetti with the PPI spaghetti sauce and the one slice of PPI eggplant Parmesan.   Suzette put the ingredients into the Le Creuset casserole and heated them.  She also micro-grated some Parmesan cheese to dust the top of the dish.

I went to the cellar and selected a bottle of 2012 Cline Mourvèdre to complement the heaviness of the dish.  Suzette described the wine as a robust wine with dark fruit flavors. I thought it was slightly harsh on the finish but that soon went away.

Suzette filled pasta bowls with the rich saucy mixture.  I poured wine into glasses and we each took our plates and glasses to the gazebo table.  It was still sunny at 6:20.  We ate and enjoyed the cool evening breeze.

After dinner I unloaded the dish washer and poured a glass of grappa and dipped ginger snaps into the grappa and ate the moistened cookies with sips of grappa.

I later brewed a cup of tea and ate two powdered sugar covered small donuts and sipped Citrus Earl Grey tea while I watched finding your roots with three well known Jews, including Teri Gross and Jeff Goldblum and then a documentary on Anti-Semitism in the U.S, England, Hungary, and France.

So sad and abnormal, yet Anti-Semitism seems to be still happening now.

Suzette went to bed at 9:30 and I went to bed at 10:00.

Bon Appetit










 

No comments:

Post a Comment