Saturday, May 2, 2020

May 2, 2020 Breakfast -Sausage and Eggs and Cottage Fries. Dinner – Avocado filled with Egg and Gravad Lax Salad

May 2, 2020 Breakfast -Sausage and Eggs and Cottage Fries.  Dinner – Avocado filled with Egg and Gravad Lax Salad

Thanks to Suzette shopping at Smith’s we obtained fresh provisions this week including Jimmie Dean Sausage, so this morning I quartered and thinly sliced a potato and 2 oz. of red onion.  Suzette Poached the potato slices in a skillet filled with water and then poured out the water and added 2 T. of olive oil to the skillet and fried the potato slices and diced red onion.  In another skillet Suzette then fried four slices of sausage and four eggs. I toasted two slices of whole wheat roll that I buttered and spread with raspberry preserves.  I made a cup of green tea and Suzette drank a glass of Clamato juice.


I rested most of the day while Suzette cleaned out Willy’s bedroom that she intended to use as an office.  We hung several paintings and cut rug pads for two rugs and carried the remaining roll of thick felt padding to the basement.

At 2:00 we submitted a grocery order to Instacart.  Since it exceeded $35.00 it was subject to a 2 hour delivery for the usual fee of $3.99.  We ordered 26 items, mostly produce like limes, papaya, broccoli, onions, etc.

While I rode four miles south at 5:00 Suzette boiled several eggs and shopped them and added mayonnaise, tarragon, and celery to make egg salad.  When I returned from my ride I diced about 4 oz. of Gravad Lax and added it to the salad.

We then watched another episode of The Crown and then Suzette made our dinner salad of a large avocado halved on a bed of Romaine lettuce filled with egg and salmon salad garnished with fresh radishes from Suzette’s gardens in Los Lunas and micro greens we are growing in our dining room..


I fetched a bottle of chilled Gruet 2011 Grand Blanc de Blanc that I recently bought.  I filled the
 wine bucket with ice and water to chill the champagne and we ate our dinner under the gazebo in the garden at 6:30.


We had a leisurely dinner as we enjoyed sipping the elegant but slightly old champagne and not as rich as the 2012 Blanc de Blanc.

We then returned to the house and each made a small dessert.  Suzette ate a chocolate chip cookie with a scoop of chocolate ice cream with a sniffer of cognac. I ate some fruit cake with a shot of Calvados and a cup of tea.  We watched Father Brown and Death in Paradise and went to bed at 10:00.  Suzette to sleep and I to blog.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment