Monday, May 25, 2020

May 24, 2020 Lunch – Chicken Salad Salad. Dinner – Shrimp Scampi with spaghetti

May 24, 2020 Lunch – Chicken Salad Salad.  Dinner – Shrimp Scampi with spaghetti

I ate granola and fruit salad with milk and yogurt for breakfast.

Then we worked in the garden. I seeded and Suzette planted the last 7 or 8 plants.  The garden is looking very good now with lots of blooming flowers: columbines, chives, Sage, and lavender plus roses.

We made salads for lunch.  We each took ½ of an avocado.  I put mine on a bed of Romaine lettuce and cut my ½ avocado in half and filled both quarters with chicken salad and added sliced radishes and a diced tomato.  Suzette when in a more Middle Eastern direction with roasted beets, tabouli, hummus and pita chips.


We ate outside.  It was a brilliantly clear sunny day and we enjoyed lingering in the garden.

After lunch we rested.  When I awakened near 4:00 I watched one of the last few episodes of Downtown Abbey, when all the plots start resolving themselves.

Suzette took a 1 ½ mile walk and returned a bit before 5:00.  I then rode south and back 4 miles.

Shrimp Scampi with spaghetti

At 6:00 we made dinner. I chopped 3 oz. of onion, a yellow straight necked yellow squash, the Chard we picked in the morning, a tomato, and about 1/3= of a canned pimiento.

Suzette thawed out 10 large shrimp.

She then sautéed the onion and squash and then added the tomato and pimiento and finally the shrimp and Chard.


We decided to make it a one dish diner so I cross cut a 1 lb. pile of PPI spaghetti and added them to the skillet. Suzette added some rose wine and covered the skillet with the wok cover to thoroughly steam the ingredients.  I sliced and chopped Parmigiana Romano cheese which was added to season the dish.



Earlier I  chilled a 2016 Benton Lane Rose’, so I poured glasses of it for dinner.  It had lost most of its fruit but still was a potent Pinot Noir wine.

We watched the last episode of Downtown Abbey where Lady Edith marries Bertie on New Years Eve 1925, Barrow becomes the head butler, and a baby is born to Anna and Bates.

We then watched 2 episodes of The Crown . Between episodes Suzette made us each a banana splits with one half of a banana, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a scoop of brandied strawberries, a drizzle of chocolate syrup, and a handful of toasted almond slivers.  It was the best dish of the day as we celebrated Memorial Day.




Suzette went to bed at 9:30 and I stayed up to blog.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment