Monday, May 4, 2020

May 4, 2020 Lunch – PPI Posole and Enchiladas. Dinner – PPI Tandoori Chicken with Tumeric Rice and Riata

May 4, 2020 Lunch – PPI Posole and Enchiladas.  Dinner – PPI Tandoori Chicken with Tumeric Rice and Riata

Today was a lazy day with lots of shopping and very little cooking.

It also was an amazing day in the market when everything went right in spite of the obvious defects.  The Dow started down over 200 points, although the NASDAQ was up moderately and traded in that relationship most of the day with the Dow reaching around Down 382 points at it low until the last few minutes of trading when the Dow ended the trading day with a modest 26 point gain and the Nasdq reached just above 100 points.  But what was interesting was that what appeared to be a modest .1% gain most of the day aided by A late buying surge and an apparent OPEC agreement to further cur oil production sent the market fractionally positive and a tech rally that sent the NASDAQ to a 1.2% gain for the day.  Since my portfolio is heavily weighted with oil and tech stocks it ended up 1% for the day; a 10 times better result than appeared to be the case during most of the day.

After tallying the day’s ending gain I drove to a doctor’s appointment and then home and watched Jim Cramer who confirmed what I had been thinking, that there is a bifurcation in the market between the new leaders in the market such as drug companies working on a cure and treatments for the virus, stay at home companies, like Zoom, video gaming, TV programming providers like Netflix and Roku and the old dying or languishing companies, such as airlines, car makers, travel and Leisure, fine dining restaurant chains, and retail.

I awakened at 7:00 and dressed and drove to Lowe’s to shop for food.  I bought ice cream, two cucumbers, mushrooms, an eggplant, sour cream, and foie gras.  There were very few shoppers in Lowe’s at 7:30 a.m. so it was pleasant shopping.  When I returned home I lounged for a while and then watched Governor Cuomo’s press conference.  I then finished separating my 2019 tax records from my 2020 records and then at 1:30 I ate a bowl of PPI Posole with the last small piece of green chicken enchilada casserole.

Suzette did the weekly shopping at Costco and Southwest Distributors this afternoon.  We had made a list for Costco.  When Suzette arrived at 5:30 her vehicle was full.  She had bought Scotch and gin on sale, a salmon fillet for Gravad Lax, brie, Dubliner and Jarlsberg cheeses, pita chips, limes, and eggs and shampoo for Willy. After the large order from El Super on Saturday we seem to be brimming over with food.

At 5:00 I made cheese sandwiches, one with goat’s cheese and the other with Jarlsberg on buttered Swedish rye hard bread.




Then I made Riata by toasting about ½ tsp. each of mustard seed and cumin seed in a dry iron skillet until they were browned but not burned.  I placed the seeds in a mixing bowl with 1 ½ cups of whole milk yogurt.  Then I peeled, seeded, and diced one of the cucumbers and added 1 tsp. of salt and stirred the ingredients to mix them.



 At 6:30 I prepared dinner by plating a leg quarter of PPI tandoori chicken and divided the last 1 ½ cups of PPI Turmeric rice and ½ cup of PPI steamed green beans and sensor re-heated the plates in the microwave.  I served the plates with a Major Grey’s Chutney and the Riata I had made.  It was a lovely dinner, at least as good as the first time we ate this dinner several days ago.



I drank a cup of chai with dinner and another after dinner.

We watched Antiques Roadshow and a little bit of Lawrence O’Donnell and were so depressed by the news of incompetence, malfeasance,  and lying by the Trump administrationthatvwevwentbto bed before 9:00.

Except, I stayed up to blog and I soaked 1 ½ cups off dried garbanzo beans.  Tomorrow I will do a lot of cooking and legal work, making  Gravad Lax, starting cooking the garbanzo beans for hummus, and perhaps tropical fruit salad.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment