Friday, May 1, 2020

May 1, 2020 Lunch – Roasted Pork Salad. Dinner – PPI Roasted Chicken with Egg Vermicelli and Roasted Vegetables

May 1, 2020  Lunch – Roasted Pork Salad. Dinner – PPI Roasted Chicken with Egg Vermicelli and Roasted Vegetables

I ate granola, yogurt, fruit salad and a splash of milk for breakfast.

Then at 10:00 I listened to a webinar on the new government covid 19 funding programs for small business.

At 12:30 I made a salad with Romaine lettuce, a tomato, two radishes, an egg, a slice of roasted pork cubed, some grated cheese, and some onion slices. I added lemon juice and olive oil to the Caesar salad dressing and enjoyed a lovely light lunch as I watched the market finish  down 622 points.

We are facing a new reality of increased economic hardship that is affecting almost every business.  I fear the market will go down some more and may stay at a lower level until there is a vaccine.

People have lost faith in this President’s ability to lead the country out of this crisis, especially when he tries to incite white supremacists to riot against states that have adopted his guidelines and force meat processing plants to reopen when their workers are contracting the virus and it is obvious that they are unsafe work environments and when he does nothing to steam the deaths in nursing homes by instituting a nationwide program of testing.

I napped in the afternoon until 5:30 when Suzette arrived and she napped until 8:00.  After Washington Week we heated PPIs: two thighs of roasted chicken, egg vermicelli, and roasted vegetables.  I opened a bottle of 2018 Grigio Luna Pinot Grigio (Trader Joe’s $5.99).
.


Pp



After dinner I made a cup of green tea and ate a chocolate chip cookie with it.
We watched the first two episodes of Crown n Netflix and went to bed at 11:30.

I am reading Butcher’s Crossing, this month’s book club selection about buffalo hunters.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment