Friday, May 15, 2020

May 14, 2020 Lunch – PPI Pork Stroganoff and egg Noodles and two cheese sandwiches and two Strawberries. Dinner – New Recipe Vegetable medley with Beef and Gravad Lax and Blueberry Cobbler

May 14, 2020 Lunch – PPI Pork Stroganoff and egg Noodles and two cheese sandwiches and two Strawberries. Dinner – New Recipe  Vegetable medley with Beef and Gravad Lax and Blueberry Cobbler

I ate granola, yogurt, and tropical fruit salad for breakfast and then sold my positions in Apple, Facebook, and Google.  I have lost faith in this market, but I kept my other positions. At the end of the day I was okay I think because the market turned up at the close.

I don’t see how this market can keep going up.  There are just too many headwinds, including massive unemployment, huge fights over deficit spending, and a complete abdication of commitment to help the poor and those laboring in menial tasks by this administration and a broken medical system unable to effectively deal with the pandemic. I don’t see anything happening until next year, if the democrats win the election and there is not enough buoyancy in the market to hold itself up until then.  I see another leg down and an L shaped recovery that may last a year or two.

At 9:00 I rode my bike five miles and even achieved a sustained rhythmic pace in the last mile.  When I returned i worked until 11:30 when I heated the PPI Pork Stroganoff with Egg noodles.  After lunch I  tossted two small slices of baguette, smeared them with butter, and garnished one of them with slices of Iberico and the
 other with brie and finished my glass of 2011 Origon Gran Reserva as I ate the cheeses.


I then showered and dressed and drove to Crown Jewelers and had them mount the five dollar gold coin in the gold bezel they had ordered for me.  They tightened the screw and then welded the screw into the bezel to reduce the chance it would unwind.  It looks good and Suzette likes it, so well done, Bob.

I drove home and lay down and rested until 5:00 when Suzette arrived.

We discussed dinner and Suzette asked if I had thawed out anything and I relied, “No.”  I suggested making a yellow squash and asparagus pudding casserole, but the meat was the issue left undecided, when I became busy with an emergency corporate matter.  Suzette went to the kitchen and I went to my office.

In the thirty to forty-five minutes it took to prepare the needed corporate papers, Suzette created a new dish for dinner.

Vegetable Medley with beef and Gravad Lax

Suzette chopped a yellow bell pepper, some onion, asparaguses, two yellow squash, the PPI rib steak from last night’s meal, and about ½ lb. of Gravad Lax I made last week. She sautéed the vegetables in butter and olive oil and added the cubed steak and when I finished my work, finally added the Gravad Lax (so it stayed soft) for a simple fresh and colorful one dish dinner.


I fetched a bottle of Carayon Rose’ from the South of France ($5.99 at Trader Joe’s) that we had chilled in the garage.  Carayon is a light rose that falls in the middle of rose’s flavor profile. One one end are the ethereal Bandol rose’s and on the other end are the hardy Rose’s of Pinot Noir like last
night’s Reichart German Rose’ (also from Trader Joe’s).



Food that goes well with this wine

Our wine experts think this Languedoc-Roussillon Rosé wine would be a match made in heaven with these dishes. Bon appétit!



 The 2018 is the highest rated Recent vintage of a Carayon La Rose’ at 3.6 by Vinvino raters from all over the world.

Here is what some of their tasting notes.
What does this wine taste like?
WINE LOVERS TASTE SUMMARY
The taste profile of Dulong Carayon La Rosé 2018 is based on 168 user reviews
FLAVORS PEOPLE MENTION IN REVIEWS
Strawberry, watermelon,...
71 mentions of red fruit notes
Peach, green apple, mel...
27 mentions of tree fruit notes
Citrus, lime, lemon
23 mentions of citrus notes
Minerals, honey, stone
16 mentions of earthy notes
White pepper, savory, p...
8 mentions of spices notes
Cheese, cream
7 mentions of microbio notes
Rose petal, chamomile, ...
6 mentions of floral notes
Creme brulee, butter, c...
4 mentions of oaky notes
Tomato, rhubarb
3 mentions of vegetal notes
Plum
2 mentions of black fruit notes
Almond

I filled glasses with wine and Suzette filled bowls with food and we carried them to the table in the garden and ate a lovely quiet meal as children next door chattered and two dove sat on the picket fence at the west end of the property in the last warm sunlight of the evening.

Such peaceful moments are few and far between these days and worth memorializing in our thoughts.

We finished our dinner and quiet sit in the garden sipping the last of our wine a few minutes before 8:00.  I heated the last of the blueberry cobbler and Suzette divided it, placing a square in each of two bowls and laying a large scoop of vanilla ice cream in each bowl for a lovely dessert.  This cobbler was particularly delicious for some reason that I can not quite grasp other than to say that the sugar added seemed to be in perfect balance with the tartness of the blueberries that seemed to fully express their fruitiness.  I really have no way of guessing how one achieves that with any random fruit and a standard recipe, perhaps because I am not a baker.

I made a cup of chai and took a splash of Calvados and Suzette took a splash of cognac with her dessert as we watched the two episodes of Midsomer Murder.

After they ended at 10:00, we went to bed.

I slept until 1:00 when I awakened and finished this blog.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment