Saturday, May 30, 2020

May 29, 2020 Lunch – Octopus and Tuna Sashimi. Dinner – Grilled Rib Steak with pan Roasted Purple potatoes and sautéed onions and snow peas

May 29, 2020 Lunch – Octopus and Tuna Sashimi.  Dinner – Grilled Rib Steak with pan Roasted Purple potatoes and sautéed onions and snow peas

I awakened at 6:30. I watched the news and ate a breakfast of tropical fruit salad, yogurt, granola, and milk.  I then rode 5 miles south and back.

Before she left, Suzette took a rib steak out of the freezer to thaw.

After resting a bit I showered and dressed and bought 100 more shares of Facebook to fully replace my position. I put in a limit order at $224.34 and it filled just before Facebook went back up to 227.00 in the middle of the day.  Unfortunately, there was a lot of selling pressure at the end of the day and the closing price ended at around $225.06, so not much gain.

At 11:30 I ate a long leisurely lunch of octopus and Aji Tuna Sashimi with green tea, sushi rice, and Japanese pickled vegetables.



As the Market closed the Dow plunged negative about 18 points but my portfolio increased .5%, mostly on a gain of over $5.00 in Moderna.

I was able to transfer the pdf download of the Spy and the Traitor to my
I Pad so I could read it in bed and after doing some taxes, that is how I spent the latter part of the afternoon.

When Suzette came home around 5:30 she brought a bag of freshly picked snow peas from her garden at the Center for Ageless Living.

We decided to pan roast purple potatoes and garnish them with minced fresh mint and sauté the snow peas with a sliced onion and some lavender.   Went to the garden and picked a small handful of lavender and two sprigs of mint.

We decided on champagne for dinner.  I fetched a chilled bottle and put it in the freezer to

I de-stemmed the snow peas and sliced an onion and cut about a dozen small purple potatoes in half.

 Suzette microwaved the potatoes with a bit of water then put them into a large pan of heated butter and olive oil to brown the edges.

The Roasted Purple Potatoes were Divine, crisp on the outside and creamy on the inside.

Sautéed Onions

I sautéed the onion slices in butter and olive oil. After a few, minutes I added the flowers from five lavender stalks and about 1 tsp. of honey.  We cooked the onions until they became translucent and added the snow peas that had been cooked in the microwave in a bit of water in the Pyrex loaf pan covered with Saran.  The snow peas had cooked too long and their texture had collapsed but they tasted great.  When the snow peas were tossed with the onions, we were ready to eat.

Suzette salted and peppered the steak and grilled it to medium rare. I sliced the steak into slices 2/3 inches thick and fetched 2 deer antlered steak knives and Suzette fetched 2 champagne glasses and the Chilled Gruet Brut champagne and opened and poured glasses of it.

After I plated slices of steak on each plate, Suzette added potatoes and half the sautéed onion and snow peas to each plate.

After dinner I ate a piece of fruit cake with a cup of tea and a sip of Calvados.

After we watched the demonstrations across the country for a while and Suzette received a phone call from Harold, we watched the Goldfinch movie.  Suzette said the book was better than the movie. I liked all the twists and turns of the plot, so  may read the book.

We went to bed at 11:00.

Bon Appetit





     


No comments:

Post a Comment