Friday, May 15, 2020

May 15, 2020 Lunch – Tabouli Salad and Stuffed Pita Dinner – Roasted Chicken and Cauliflower and Chard Couscous

May 15, 2020 Lunch – Tabouli Salad and Stuffed Pita   Dinner – Roasted Chicken and Cauliflower and Chard Couscous

Today was important in four ways.  A transaction failed due to my client’s lies, Suzette had a wonderful pay day celebration, I sold another block of stock, and we ate a delicious Roast Chicken.

I reviewed the title commitment early in the morning and found another judgment lie.  I mentioned it to the other counsel and then confronted my client who admitted there was another judgment and they did not have the money to pay it off.  That killed the deal because paying off the judgment was one of the underwriting conditions.  The transaction fell apart quickly.  And at noon I told the title company we could not close.  I was upset with my client’s dishonesty and attempt to cheat his buyer by not disclosing a judgment.

When the market opened I sold my Qualcomm position, bringing my cash position to over 40%.  Even though I have a huge cash position, my portfolio went up almost ½% today when the Dow went up $60.00.


I did not eat breakfast so at noon I ate a lovely lunch of Romaine salad, a diced tomato, 2 radishes sliced, thinly sliced red onion, kalamata olives, half of an avocado, and the last cup of tabouli.  I toasted a pita on the stove and filled it with tabouli, tomatoes, and lettuce and ate a tabouli sandwich as I ate a large tabouli salad.


After lunch I rested for a while and then rode three miles.  I thawed the whole chicken Suzette had fetched from the garage freezer, dusted it with Rajah tandoori and put it on a Spandex rack and put it in the oven at 3:30 and then took a short nap at 4:00.

When Suzette arrived we discussed dinner and she suggested making Chard and Cauliflower Couscous.

I then received a phone call from another client that lasted more than ½ hour, so I was not able to help Suzette with Dinner. She picked a basket full of Chard in the garden and de-stemmed it and sautéed it in butter and olive oil in a large skillet with cauliflower flowerets she had removed from their head and pulsed to a Couscous consistency.

Suzette fetched a bottle of Famille Perrin White Reserve Cotes Du Rhone, which is mostly Roussanne and Marsanne.

I carved the chicken and we served ourselves. I fetched the Major Grey’s mango chutney.


We were good and did not eat dessert, although we each drank some cognac later as we watched another two episodes of The Crown.  Suzette went bed and I watched some news and then blogged until 11:30.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment